Friday, August 17, 2007

Rain boots to the rescue

Though not quite a Parent Hack, I found a brilliant use for rain boots yesterday. Ame and Makai love to run around in their rain boots or snow boots, even though its 90 degrees outside. Ame especially—she's happiest when wearing only a diaper and her rain boots.

Anyway, we're trying the potty training effort, so Ame was wearing her stupendous Backyardigans underwear (on clearance at Kohls—yes!). She came and stood right by me, and I thought she was going to tell me she needed the potty, but it was a little too late. Pee pee started running down her legs, heading straight down to make a puddle on the carpet in her rainboots!? Ha ha! I took those puppies to the bathroom and poured the pee straight in to the potty, then washed and rinsed them out in the bathtub. Rain boots are made out of rubber. . . water repellent, so they are definitely pee pee repellent. Easy as pie--and no stink in the carpet. I may just have her wear her rainboots the duration of potty training!

[Disclaimer: I'm not a physicist, but in order for this method to be effective , child-in-training must 1) be a girl—I think, and 2) keep legs closed together during urination process. The opening of legs will cause said "pee pee" to miss rain boots entirely and land on carpet.]

P.S. Above, see Ame's cute rain boots purchased on Amazon.com—$9. These cowboy ones are Makai's—on clearance for $6 (but I just looked to get the photo, and they are suddenly $24. . .I don't understand). There are so many cute rainboots. . .lots from Target.

6 comments:

Daisy said...

Hey Lindy - we were at Target the other day and I saw the awesome rain boots. I guess that's a good reason to get them because it doesn't rain nearly enough here to validate a purchase (at least not yet). We'll have to wait til next year I think.

Hey question - what kind of photo editing program did you use to make your blog banner graphic? Please tell me it wasn't photoshop. Please tell me there's another FREE program out there that's almost as good!

Lindy said...

No, I don't Photoshop at home. I just used the photo editing software that came with the digital camera. Did your camera come with a CD? If not, I can do something for you--email me a photo and tell me what you'd like me to do.

k8shoe said...

I love the story. Thanks for the laugh! Oh the joys...

Summer said...

so funny--tyler would love the "said pee pee" talk....

Anonymous said...

Ame and Makai- I love your boots!!!

Daisy said...

Hey Lindy, yes we have photo editing software with our camera, but it doesn't seem to do much. Although you can change NEF files to JPGs, but that's about it along with the other basics. What is your software called? What kind of camera do you guys have? Did you get a new one?