Thursday, August 2, 2007
At least SOMEONE is using the potty
I was walking by the bathroom today and found this little scenario:
Does Ame think it's funny? I don't. She will turn 3 in about 3 months, and I have yet to ever see the child do anything on the potty. She can sit there for an hour, just as happy as can be to just sit. It drives me crazy. That's it…I'm going to have her drink water often, leave the diaper off, and prepare myself for a few accidents. I want the diapers GONE! Any tips from you mothers of girls? I know boys are supposed to be harder, but truth be told, the daycare basically potty-trained Makai. I had very little to do with it, so I'm a novice at this. Sad, but true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Have you checked my blog lately? http://theshanerandannerfam.blogspot.com/2007/07/few-things-i-have-learned-about.html Going through the same thing. As a follow up to my post though I have to tell you 3 days in a row now with no accidents. I read "Potty Trainging in Less Than a Day" and not only did it work I really liked reading it. It gave a very specific plan but also alot of generally good parenting ideas and advice. Good Luck!
I love the new background paper!!! So colorful and fun. I love reading your posts, you make me laugh. Your Makai is darling. What a sweet boy. I love the picture in his tongan attire. Way to cute. Good luck with potty training. I am not looking forward to that stage at all.
I agree with Tiffany, the background is super cute. I actually felt motivated to update my blog because of yours :)
I am in the same boat with the whole potty training thing. I just keep reminding myself that I know sometime before she enters highschool she'll get it. lol!
Oh yes, and Makai looks so handsome in his ta'ovala and all.
Potty training...what fun! ;) ...but so worth it.
Here's my thing: no training pants except for on night during the first few weeks. You'll know to nicks the training pants at night when she wakes up dry for many days in a row. Other than at night we feel they're a big huge crutch for kids who are training.
Be prepared for more than a few accidents to clean up. (I've cleaned up accidents in the kitchen, bedroom, Albertson's and even Chili's!) Patience was key and we always tried really hard to reinforce the positive with Sofia and how she was such a big girl when she used the potty.
She can do it...and the more she does, the more natural it'll become.
Ahhh...and one more BIG piece of advice (which honestly came from my mother-in-law)...take her to the store and buy her some "special panties" --you know like her favorite cartoon characters. Explain that those panties are special and it's important to keep them clean. Finally, each morning let her pick which character she wants to wear for the day. Sofia STILL loves doing that!
Post a Comment