Sunday, August 5, 2007

I love my husband—today, anyway

Of course I always love him, but I really love him today. And for good reason. It's Fast Sunday, which is always a hard thing for a foodie like myself, but I make do. I got released and re-called to the YW Presidency today, so we had "business" to do after the regular meetings, which took awhile. On my way home I realized I had nothing planned for dinner (I had been up the night before preparing the lesson). I was so surprised to walk in to a very clean kitchen and the table beautifully set with a complete dinner. I didn't have to make a thing! Aki had made boneless BBQ pork ribs (baked until tender, then grilled - delicious), rice—a staple at our house, a great spinach salad, and fruit. And chocolate chip cookies. The best part is that while he was getting the drinks and everything together, he was quietly singing "fa la la la, la la la, fa la la la la LA" (from the song "When We're Helping We're Happy"). I don't even know if he realized it; I smiled to myself. So while I was eating my sticky, greasy goodness and filling my empty tummy, he looked at me inquisitively and asked, "Is it all right?" If he only knew.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

oh my sweetness! I think I just got a cavity that was so sweet! Good job cuzzie!

k8shoe said...

That is SO sweet! I don't know if that will ever happen to me in my whole life!