Thursday, August 2, 2007

I so much love my big little boy

Meet my son Makai. He's only 4-1/2, but at 46 inches tall and 50 pounds, he certainly isn't little. Makai is going to tell you a little bit about himself. . . I will ask questions if needed, and type answers, and will preserve his language as much as possible:
I'm Makai Funaki. I'm 4 and I'm gonna go to kindergarten soon. Well, not a short time soon, but I am gonna go. I like to play with Parker after I do my chores. My favorite chore is unloading the dishwasher. The one that I hate is when Ame empties her drawers and puts clothes all over the floor, then she doesn't help clean it up—that's my hate chore.

I'm good at singing, and I'm good at helping and taking care of Ame. I like to color with markers downstairs in the playroom, and I like to play with my sister.I don't like when my mommy and daddy get mad at me and I have consequences. I wish I was so good that I could do whatever I wanted, like play the computer or watch TV. I wish I could have a Batman room.

My favorite treat is ice cream sandwiches, and my second favorite is rice krispy treats. My favorite food is chicken and beef and rice and salt. My favorite movie is
Finding Nemo. My favorite TV show is Diego—oh, and WonderPets too, and LazyTown. When I grow up I want to be a firefighter—protect people when they're in danger and fires. I don't want to be a missionary. I just want to go to church, because it's about the Holy Ghost, Heavenly Father, and Jesus, and learning new songs.
Thank you for your words, Makai. I'm glad you enjoy beef—and salt (?). I guess we'll have to work on the whole missionary thing. I don't know, maybe it's because you've already been to the MTC 6+ times in your life, and you're burned out.
I Y you, Mr. Mak!

[55 Makai trying to get used to the swimming pool, and then dressed in Tongan attire for the Pioneer Day parade —he was dressed to be his great-grandfather, Sione Kolo Funaki.]

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

What a handsome boy you are Makai! You look great in the water and in the Parade dress. Thanks for sharing a little about you.

Anonymous said...

hey kai! why don't you want to be a missionary?!?!? it would be fun... guess what??? my favorite chore is unloading the dishwasher too!!! i love ya bud!

Daisy said...

And I hate unloading the dishwasher. not really hate, but it's not my favorite.

I LOVE his Tongan outfit. That is so cute. Looking forward to lunch today Lindy and I love your bird background!

Stella said...

hey makai!! we both love a lot of things! like: taking care of ame, oh and i hate it when sully empites everything out too, and i love batman 2!! DUDE!! you need to go on a mission it would soo ofun! I love you so much! and lindy thanx for putting that post on!! I liked it a lot!!

Luv Stella

Stella said...

would be so much fun* MY bad

Heather said...

This is such a cute post! I love it that you asked him questions and put his reponses. That is going to be a great memory later. He is such a cute kids. In the picture where he is wearing a hat I think he looks exactly like you! You have a great blog, keep up the great work! I need some of it to rub off on me. (: - Heather