Sunday, August 12, 2007

Lucky Girl!

My niece Allison is a girl to be envied by her peers. Check out her blog to see what exciting things have been happening in her life. Lucky!

This reminds me of when I was just a young girl and my sister Camie received in the mail a glossy 8x10" autographed picture of John Schneider (think Bo Duke from Dukes of Hazzard). I don't know what she did to get that, but it was pretty cool, I tell ya.

Oh, that reminds me about my other sister, Symonie. In 1989, she was in Moscow, Russia, and happened to stay in the same hotel as the band Bon Jovi. She got to ride the elevator down with Jon and Richie Sambora. She has a picture standing next to the very short Jon Bon with his wild hair! It really doesn't get any cooler than that. (And again, I say, Lucky!)
I'm sorry to say I have no claim to fame, no autographs, no chance meetings (well, outside of Mormondom fame, anyway). Maybe I should hang out with my niece more often—or my bro-in-law Matt, for that matter, since he's the source of her luckiness. What about you all. . . any celeb moments you want to share? For bonus points, include a picture and point us to your bloggy for a little show-and-tell. Rock on.

10 comments:

Stella said...

NO!!! but you are right i mean alli is soo lucky! and matt what a lucky guy! maybe he rub some of the luck on ame when she is older.


love, Stella

Anonymous said...

i didn't know sym met bon jovi!!! HSM2 was awesome! thanks stella. Matt is awesome.

kh said...

Camie! That's your other sister's name! I couldn't remember. How lucky they are! What fun!

k8shoe said...

I totally remember Sym's pictures with Bon Jovi. I was so jealous when I saw them. My only claim to fame is seeing Andie McDowell at the SL airport. Wuhoo. Oh wait, I have one more kinda claim to fame....my neighbor is IN High School Musical 2.

Kasey said...

I found your little swap idea through Tiffany Hunt. I'd like to be in on it. Let me know if I'm too late! I think this sounds like so much fun! Kind of like pen pals.
Thanks!
Kasey Turner
www.kaseyrocky.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

I've never really had a celeb. encounter. But Chuck is a huge Dukes of Hazard fan:) From the time he was little, Parker could recognize Waylon Jennings from the Dukes theme song. We also have a yellow lab puppy named Bo. White trash, I know.

symonie said...

Ah yes, me and Jon Bon, together in Moscow. The actuality is that I stayed in the same hotel he did, and I rode the elevator down to the lobby with Jon and Richie Sambora. In his honor, I got Brig and Keeg to listen to the Young Guns soundtrack (can you remember the cover of that one? Bon Jovi in all his glory). Keegan has it on his ipod--he loves it still.

Lindy said...

See, Sym, that's why I need you around to keep me in line. Here I'm using my junior high memory--I will correct the post right now. :)

Lindy said...

Symonie—welcome to the bloggin world, by the way! I think I'll post some more lies about you to see if it will make you comment. :)

Lori said...

I wish I was that hip when I was a teenager.