Sunday, August 12, 2007

August 11

Happy Anniversary to us yesterday. Six years. Aki, thank you for your love, your support, your hard work and perseverance. It hasn't always been easy (what is?), but we've hung in there, and isn't it a good thing? How could we ask for more than our two beautiful kids who love us without reservation, and the life that God has granted us? Life is good, isn't it? Thank you for being such an amazing father to our children, and for being my best friend in the world. Don't know what I'd do without you.

Remember the line from a previous year's anniversary card:
we'll be fine
as long as we've got each other…

…and plenty of snacks

I totally believe that. Life can hit me with whatever it wants, I will be okay and can handle it if I have my Aki and a good supply of snacks.

Speaking of my favorite snack, we celebrated our 6th year accomplishment yesterday by going to the temple in the morning, and going out for dinner and a movie later that night. We got an ice cream [this is the favorite snack part] after the movie, and as we sat eating on the grass near the parking lot, a car full of teenage boys drove by and whistled, then one yelled out, "Marry her!" We laughed to ourselves and I thought, He did, six years ago!

And I'm so glad he did.

"A good marriage is one which
allows for change and growth
in the individuals and in the way
they express their love."


~Pearl S. Buck

2 comments:

wynne said...

Awww...

Anne Marie said...

So fun. I can't believe that I met you 6 years ago this month just after you married Aki. I can't imagine you two not together. Congrats!