I got a great deal on some fresh salmon, so knowing how much Aki and his sister like it, I got a lot, and the lady at the meat counter asked me that exact question. When I confessed that I don't know a lot about cooking fish, she was so kind to give me a whole handout of salmon recipes from a class she taught recently.We tried two of the recipes the other night, and they were great! The meal was done so fast, very healthy, and my kids ate it like crazy.
MAPLE SALMON
2 T. maple syrupSWEET-N-SOUR SALMON
2 T. soy sauce
1 minced garlic clove
2 salmon fillets (~6 oz. each)
Combine ingredients in small bowl. You can grill, pan fry, bake, or broil the fish (I broiled it). Place fish in a small baking pan. Spoon or brush sauce onto fish. Broil for about 10-12 minutes, pulling it out half-way through to spoon/brush the sauce from the pan on top of the fish.
2 salmon fillets (~6 oz. each)
4 T. rasberry or other jam (I used peach, and the lady said you can even use honey butter)
garlic salt to taste
Stir jam and garlic salt in a small bowl (you may need to microwave a bit to make it syrupy). Follow same directions as above recipe. Another option is to bake it with the jam only, and sprinkle a bit of garlic salt on it at the end.
I served the two flavors of fish with lemon-parsley rice, a green salad, and some crusty bread.
5 comments:
yuuummmmmm! We LOVE salmon and try to eat it weekly.
My (rather unhealthy) stand by:
1 filet
1 chopped/diced/sliced onion
A mixture of about 1/3 cup mayo (or coconut milk) and 1/2 cup or more water. (Like white sauce consistency)
Add onion to the mix, spread over fillet and bake until salmon flakes easily with fork.
Yes, sounds weird, but it's eaten VERY quickly and there are never left overs
We love Salmon at our house, so we're going to have to try that this week. I'm just making the menu right now. Although I have frozen Salmon - where did you get the good deal on FRESH Salmon?
At Macey's…I actually had a rain check because when the good deal actually happened, they got cleaned out quickly.
I was just wondering what do to with some salmon I bought, thanks for the recipes! Question, with the first one, do I need real maple syrup or will the cheap imitation do? Because I can't afford real maple (who can?) unless I sell one of my children... not worth it.
Summer, I think anything sweet will do, actually. I used homemade syrup (sugar, water, mapleine), but I'm sure the store-bought stuff will work just fine. The sugar is the main thing.
Post a Comment