Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What I'm doing

1. wearing my pajamas - striped bottoms and a T-shirt that says 'FBI: From Big Island.'
2. eating Cream of Wheat and toast with homemade jam (away from my keyboard, of course—that wouldn't be pretty).
3. listening to new cartoon Super Why…it's all about letter recognition and beginning reading. I love listening to Ame think she knows the letters they put on the screen (when in reality, she pretty much knows only the letters in her name), so no matter what the little cartoon guy asks, she squeals, "EEEeeeee!", "Aaaaaaayyyy!", "EMMMmmmmm!"
4. yelling at Makai to turn down the TV (which is now showing Mickey Mouse Clubhouse…I love the peppy little theme song). Background noise is fine. I can't hear myself think is another matter.
5. ignoring piles of laundry that have been calling my name for days…they are starting to decompose, I believe. (Oh, how I wish that little girl up there lived at my house.)
6. thinking about the book I finished last night, The Alchemist by Paul Coelho. Good, short read.
7. also thinking about last night's Heroes episode (I hate when the TO BE CONTINUED… appears. Aargh.)—good TV.
7. looking for a local rental home for the Christmas holiday—do you know ANYONE who owns a large home in northern Utah (4 or 5 bedroom with large family room) and is not using it at Christmas that might consider renting it out for a couple nights? Our family is in need of such a place, since my parents are on a mission and live in an apartment, and none of their children's homes are large enough for everyone. If you know of people I could at least ask, please send me their contact info (my email addy is on my profile). Gracias!

Whatchoo doin?

7 comments:

Crystal said...

1) reading your blog!
2) taking a breather from the kids (somehow mine decided to start napping and I have a 3rd that is a GREAT napper)
***One of my favorite Phonics and Reading comprehension things for our kiddo is "starfall*com"***
She thinks it's a reward, I think of it as a giant "MyFirstLeapPad", but she only gets an hour max a day, during her bro's naptime.

Crystal said...

Sorry, the "3rd" is not mine, a friends. No, I haven't gone and had another baby without telling you.

{Erica} said...

1. waiting for hubby to come home so I can see why I can't burn the super spy dvd for you on my program.... (it'l be in the mail tomorrow)
2.working on yet another photo session's pictures (will it ever end...not that i'm complaning :D)
3.siging the "Super why" theme song in my head ...been doing this all day and all night last night!
4.trying to remember not to forget that ella's pukey bedding is soaking and must be rinsed (ick)
5.charging camera battery for our trip to the lovely pumpkin patch this evening..YAY!

{Erica} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lesley C said...

Check out the vacation rentals on Craig's List: http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/vac/ I found a rental apartment in Puerto Rico over the summer for $50/night.

kh said...

1. thinking, humm, i should get MY laundry done too!
2. wearing a brand new shirt I bought that hasn't even been washed yet.
3. resenting the fact that my kids must eat dinner and it's almost that time and I have no clue what to make.
4. wishing i were in Puerto Rico in an apartment for only $50 a night.
5. reading your blog, and loving what you are doing right now. Stay at home moms are so darn cool.

Keiauni said...

Check out VRBO.com. I found a great deal in San Antonio, TX, and also on Oahu.

Good Luck!!