CARAMEL POPCORN
1-1/2 to 2 cups unpopped corn kernels
2 1/3 cups brown sugar
2 cubes margarine
1 cup Karo syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Pop corn using air popper or on stove (it will most likely not all fit in one bowl). Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until soft-ball stage, stirring frequently. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat. Store in airtight container.
Here is the marshallow m&m popcorn recipe, courtesy of my sis-in-law Heidi though she tells me it's a Martha recipe from a few years ago, that makes great popcorn balls:
MARSHMALLOW M&M POPCORN BALLS
1/2 c. unpopped corn kernels
1/4 c. butter or margarine
1/4 c. brown sugar
12 oz. marshmallows
1 c. m&m candies
Pop corn and set aside. Combine butter, brown sugar, marshmallows in a saucepan over medium heat until marshmallows are melted, stirring frequently. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat. Form into balls. This makes 10-15 fist-sized balls, so double or triple for a crowd.
Or, if you prefer the crunchy (think Crunch 'n' Munch) caramel popcorn, try this recipe.
How do you like your caramel popcorn? [Speaking of chewy vs. crunchy, I'm curious to know which kind of cut-out, frosted sugar cookie do you prefer—thin and crispy or thick and soft?]
7 comments:
popcorn=we use the EXACT same recipe you gave that your sis-in-law Tennille gave you...so dang good
sugar cookies=thick and soft (not too thick) with TONS of homemade buttercream frosting...my mouth is watering...great!
caramel popcorn = chewy. My dad makes TONS of it every christmas & gives it to neighbors & extended family. (his recipe is close to yours...I don't know it exactly off the top of my head, but I know he puts vanilla in it.)
Sugar cookies= thick & soft, but not too thick. Plus, like erica said, they need TONS of frosting....buttercream with plenty of almond flavoring!
Lindy, you are such a fun mom! I love the idea of letting the popcorn fly everywhere....too fun!
I like chewy popcorn; really ooey-gooey.
I like the thin and crispy sugar cookies though....with lots of frosting too.
You are a rad mom! What a fun idea.
Mmmm...those look so good. Oh and I can attest to the deliciousness (is that a word?) of Heidi's popcorn balls. She sent some with the fall swap package and it was all I could do not to eat every last one!!! YUM!
I like chewy caramel popcorn and soft and thick sugar cookies. YUM! You're making me hungry Lindy!
okay lindy you are affirming that the udall's are all about food.
sugar cookies thick and soft with a minimal amount of frosting and chewy caramel corn. i am going to try the marshmallow m&m recipe to make some for my neighbors/work buddies. thanks!
Lindy -- you crack me up. I've been reading your last couple of posts. You are hilarious. Gotta love being a parent. I've decided that they are so cute and precious...when they are sleeping. That is what tricks us into having more. Nobody looks at their spouse and says it is time for another when they are covered in car oil. :) Too cute. Love your popcorn recipes. Going to try them. As for sugar cookies -- soft are definately better. I have an amazing recipe for soft ones. You don't even have to refridgerate the dough. Send me your e-mail address and I will e-mail it to you -- it's to long to post here. nicolelopeman@yahoo.com. Your family is so stinking cute.
Post a Comment