Friday, October 19, 2007

Not to be outdone by Rice Krispies

Oh, that was just the beginning. It never ends with Makai in charge.

Later that night, while I was gabbing on the phone, Makai decided he wanted a treat, so out came 3 cartons of ice cream onto the kitchen floor, and he went to town with a wooden spoon. After scooping it all out of the original cartons and taking a few bites, he walked away, leaving a literally melting pot of flavors (raspberry swirl, cookies 'n' cream, and pumpkin to be exact) that would soon seep under the frig and pantry doors. (Is being a mom awesome or WHAT?!)

And not wanting to ruin his streak, he pulled a great one today. I was cleaning the kitchen and getting ready to make lunch while the little ones were happily playing outside. No screams, no threats, no cries were heard, so I thought all was fine. Think again. Makai came inside saying, "Mom, I think I need to take a bath. This honey won't come off." That got my attention. Honey? Hon-ey?!

I went to take a look only to find Makai drenched from head to toe in with an unknown thick liquid, hands outstretched and glistening. So I simultaneously herd him back out the door while screaming asking with concern, "What happened? What is that? What the heck were you doing, rolling in it?" He answers, "Playing in J's dad's truck."

Off we go to J's house. J is hiding in the bushes, certainly afraid of adult intervention. Said mysterious liquid is dripping from truck bed. The garden hose is turned on full blast, water soaking the carport and lawn and running down the sidewalk (the effects of a failed attempt at washing off). Makai directs me to the honey…five large–now empty–bottles of motor oil.

What to do?

Strip the kid down to his skivvies right then and there, order him to the bathtub ("and use lots of soap!"), throw the clothes in the trash can that's still sitting on the curb since Monday, leave J in the bushes with hose still running (so his dad can appreciate the full effect), and go inside to yet again start making lunch. Perhaps p.b. & honey sandwiches in honor of today?

I really do love him.

3 comments:

kh said...

Cliff hanger... so what DID you do?

Here's my ending (what I would have done, but remember I am mean!)
Beat the child senseless, then rat out the friend. Go home make lunch.

Okay so maybe I wouldn't, but I'd be tempted!

Kim said...

Oh my gosh Lindy, what a mess. I can so see my S doing something like that. Give him 18 months, we'll be there!!

Brynn P. said...

oh wow!! I think you need a BREAK!!! you definetly deserve one! What a MESS! The sad and scary thing is i can see Jocelyn doing that soon!

Oh and i felt sooo bad for leaving with that spiderman costume. Your boy was so devestated!! If you want me to bring it back i will...no problem!!!
Thanks though. Jocelyn would NOT let me take it off of her. I have it in hiding so that she doesn't wear it too much and ruins it!!
Hope you have a great weekend......and a break!!!lol