
We said goodbye and made our way home so I could get ready for last night's youth activity. I made marshmallw popcorn balls w/ halloween m&ms (sil Heidi's recipe), wrapped and tied with cute black raffia. Off to the church I went, popcorn balls and broom in hand. Broom? For what? Well, you see, we were scheduled to play broom hockey.
Now, I've never played such a thing, so I didn't know what to expect. I actually didn't even believe they'd let a lady twice as big and twice as old play with them. But they did. And it was SO MUCH FUN. We played in the multi-purpose room (wood floor) with a small stuffed pumpkin as the puck, boys vs. girls. I kept laughing because I couldn't believe how physical the game was! The game ended, resulting not only in broken broomsticks, but a whole bunch of sweaty people with scraped knuckles, smashed fingers, bruised shins, and a bloody nose for me (don't ask me how, it just happened). The kids were loving it, though I'm sure when they got home their parents wondered just what had happened! The p-corn balls were a hit too (thanks, Heidi!).
3 comments:
the popcorn balls sound yummy! do you have the recipe??
aak! Baby fever! Baby fever! Such cute chub!!!!
How did tiny Emily get such a chunk of a baby? He's a doll. And I'm just going to comment about the Dove commercials here because I'm lazy. I had only seen the evolution video before and I love the other two. SO important--and I know sometimes I'm all talk about how ridiculous the perception of beauty the media portrays is and at the same time I let it affect the way I feel about myself. I haven't really thought about how I would help protect my daughters from this (since I don't have any daughters:), but I think my parents, esp. my dad, did a great job making us feel like we were beautiful--always complementing--even if we didn't fit the Hollywood mold. I also think you have to point out examples of beautiful women who may not be model-type. Anyway, just a few thoughts.
Post a Comment