Thursday, July 26, 2007

What?! Nobody told me…

…that I was totally justified in eating my favorite treat every day this month! Because after all, aren't I supposed to celebrate with the rest of the nation? July is National Ice Cream Month. According to the International Ice Cream Association, here are the fifteen most popular flavors (where's the mint choco-chip and cookie dough?):

1. Vanilla, 29% (wow!)
2. Chocolate, 8.9%
3. Butter pecan, 5.3%
4. Strawberry, 5.3%
5. Neapolitan, 4.2%
6. Chocolate chip, 3.9%
7. French vanilla, 3.8%
8. Cookies & cream, 3.6%
9. Fudge ripple, 2.6%
10. Praline pecan, 1.7%
11. Cherry, 1.6%
(gross)
12. Chocolate almond, 1.6%
13. Coffee, 1.6%
14. Rocky road, 1.5%
15. Choco.marshmallow, 1.3%
All others, 23.7%


For any of you who know me, you know that ice cream is my downfall. I will never successfully be able to lose weight because of this addiction. And for those of you who served your mission with me in Little Mexico, or who are members of my family, you know that I LOVE horchata--I would drink a gallon of it if the hermanas would let me (nothing better on a blasting hot day than an ice-cold glass of homemade horchata). I'm talking the real stuff, not something made from a powdered mix.

What does this have to do with ice cream? Well, the Leatherby's here in Tooele has horchata ice cream (do all Leatherby's have it?). It is the best, especially if you like that flavor--even if you don't, you should try it. I promise…just google it and see what people think. Problem is, I want to drink it! Yummy to my tummy. If Aki is ever in the doghouse, he knows what to do.

5 comments:

kh said...

Humm, never heard of horchata ice cream. I am not an ice cream person, but I do like it on occasion, and this stuff has intrigued me.

Daisy said...

I'm fitting in the 1.5% who like Rocky Road. So Lindy, when are we going to go for Ice Cream? I LOVE HORCHATA too!

Crystal said...

ooh.
Have I ever told you that the hubby and I go through a BUCKET of ice cream a week?
And an entire shelf in the refridgerator door is dedicated to ice cream toppings...
Yet another reason to ask "why don't we live by each other?"

Lindy said...

Try it and let me know what you think! Long live ice cream, the greatest invention ever.

Daisy, please let's make a date. I'll treat you to a cone of horchata sweetness. What do you say? What's the schedule like? I'll e-mail you.

Anonymous said...

i'm with ya lindy! where IS the cookie dough???