
…land that I love! I had to remember that as a very annoying lady almost ruined the parade for us with her "freedom of speech." America came through in the end, when a perfect stranger approached us, offering her umbrella to shade the kids from the sun, since she didn't need it. How thoughtful of her—it was a life saver!
After a long, hot, fun-filled day, I woke up this morning to the Funaki family's 4th festivities LEFT-OVERS: a trashed kitchen, some texas sheet cake (yum), a sunburn, a driveway dotted with black burn marks and tissue paper, and for some odd reason, about 6 pair of wet whitey-tighties dropped at various places throughout the house (neighbor boys after the kiddie pool perhaps?). Guess I should get busy with my housewife duties…after blogging, of course.
5 comments:
I cannot believe how TALL Makai has gotten. Looks like you had a great 4th. We do live in a special place!!
How accurate your description of the July 4th "after party!" I love it, and it sounds rather familiar...
Okay, so I feel like a complete idiot right about now. You see, after leaving you my comment, (and then not hearing from you, which is totally fine I understand) I thought, "Oh my heck, she doesn't remember me!" So feeling foolish, I deleted my comment. Out of sight, out of mind kind of thing. I am sorry.
Thanks for checking in. You are a great addition to my links!
P.S. You probably get this a lot, but I LOVE your brothers books. Your whole family is so talented.
Oh I just watched your Slide show, it's darling! I love how it goes in and out unfocused then focuses, it's like watching an old video or something. What a fun holiday!
Lindy, you are a pro at this blog thing! I think I need some lessons from you. I'm serious. Love your writing too. Your family obviously got all of that talent!
Katie, I'm no pro at all…well, except for a pro at copying from other people's blogs. That's how anyone does anything in the blog world...you steal quotes, recipes, songs, tips, links, photos, posts, and all sorts of other great ideas! It's wonderful! You can make your own slide shows very easily--just click on the "make your own" button.
Post a Comment