…don't come back for a few more days. Although I LOVE a summer rainstorm, we got a little too much of a good thing last night. There were flash flood warnings for Tooele County, and boy did it rain!!! I could not believe it—I was loving it. That is, until ward members starting calling asking for Aki's help because their homes were flooding. Uh-oh. Aki was still at work, so I made phone calls and we got help over to people in the older homes. And the power was out for several hours, so I just grilled hamburgers outside for us and the neighbors (good thing I had gone grocery shopping the night before!). Aki went straight from working to helping them and got home around 10:00 PM. He brought with him a couple of my young women to spend the night at our house since their basement bedroom was trashed.
We did enjoy the rain, though, as I'm sure the land did! Ame loved walking in the gutter because all the warm rain water just gushed around her feet. (These pictures are in between bursts of rain--I couldn't get the camera out there when it was just pouring). Again, Makai wouldn't walk out in the rain because he didn't want to get wet, even though every kid in the neighborhood was running up and down the streets (anyone else have a child who is so afraid of water he won't get in the rain?). He is missing out, I tell ya. We'll keep working with him.
And then here's our backyard after the rain had subsided. Yes, we live out in the country in semi-white-trash land, but it so reminds me of home. :) And we like it.
4 comments:
Awesome pictures! Looks beautiful to me.
Amen sista! Love the rain too!
There's nothing better than the smell of earth after the rain - especially in the country. I LOVE the pictures Lindy!
white trash or not, gorgeous photos.
Post a Comment