Just now while I'm blogging and neglecting my children (it's an evil habit, this blog is), I hear, "Mom, I have poo-poo." So I go to see Ame, grab the wipes and a diaper on my way, only to enter the front room and see her there naked with an empty diaper in hand--not a skid mark on it. "Where's the poo-poo?" I ask. "Right there," she responds, and points to the biggest tri-colored log I've ever seen. Sitting on the carpet. At least it was a log, right? But there are a few…what's the word…smudges (?) near by. I've tried with wipes and carpet cleaner, but they are still there. Help, please!
P.S. Notice there's not a photo for this post. You see, I'm a thinker. I hope you appreciate my thoughtfulness.
12 comments:
That's the worst! Roman was a pro diaper-taker-offer during the nap child. Even when we'd duct tape it on, he'd still get it off sometimes. I'm so glad my washing machine has a sanitary cycle but I don't think he ever got it on the carpet. I'd say try Spot Shot. It's gotten out things from my carpet that had been there quite awhile. GOOD LUCK!
Shut Up! HA HA HA HA!!! I am laughing SO HARD right now! I don't know if that was the response from your readers you were hoping for or not, but I can't help it! That's hysterical! Don't you LOVE being a mom? I bet our husbands would have MUCH more respect for us if they were at work cleaning up poop!
Oh golly this story takes me back to when Marcor was a baby, ah, but that's for another time and another post... I'll spare you.
What I do: After disposing of the "log" (of course, you woudln't just leave it there on the floor!) I too wipe viciously with a baby wipe. Then I squirt it with some household cleaner (I use Basic H) and then douse it with Oxy-Clean. Can't tell you if that's the most appropriate way to do it, but that's my process. After wards my arms hurt from all the scrubbing, but the carpet is clean.
Good Luck! This is one for her memory book!
Okay Lindy, haven't lived that one yet, but this is what I found online at this site (http://www.doityourself.com/stry/feces). It's talking about pet feces, but I figure it's all along the same lines.
Removing feces stains can be accomplished by first scooping up any excess with an old spoon or spatula. Using a mixture of 2 tablespoons of ammonia to one cup of water, blot the stain to remove residue and rinse with cold water. Repeat if all of the stain is not removed. To remove lingering carpet odors from pet feces, sprinkle baking soda on the stain. Let the baking soda sit overnight, and then vacuum. Currently on the market are enzyme based products such as Bio-Aid or Nature's Miracle that work equally well.
And for a good laugh, Annie blogged about a similar topic the last time she babysat Marcela. It was quite hilarious - especially my family's comments: http://hawkiden.blogspot.com/2007/05/babysitters-club-or-name-that-blog.html I will warn you though, she used photos to illustrate.
oh Lindy. I'm so glad you posted this.
We have wood floor, and yes, we've had that.
No it wasn't a log.
And after I had cleaned it up, I ran into the room to grab a my little streaker and slipped in a puddle that I apparently missed.
Somebody please read our blogs and still try and tell us that being a Stay At Home Mom is a piece of cake!
Oh my gosh, Crystal. . .I'm glad it wasn't me! I know, the things we go through. Kristen and Daisy, thank you for the informative suggestions. I will try them. And I will for sure look at Annie's post on the blog!
Thanks to all for your comments!
I nearly peed my pants!! I haven't experienced that yet, I am sure i will, and then you can pee your pants over it. How funny!! I do not have any suggestions for the stain. Maybe try a little color safe bleach on the stain. I am sorry, but that is dang funny!! Good luck and let us know what the outcome was.
Hey Lindy,
I have not seen you since your wedding reception. Your family is so cute. Got to love the potty training stage! Glad that is over for me. The Queen of Clean says to use club soda. Seems to work pretty well for red juice, can't say I ever tried it for poo though. Good luck. Keep it touch. Nicole
My first visit to your blog and I have to wonder if your husband is related to any Tongans in Alaska. When we first moved back to Anchorage after school we lived in the "Tongan" ward where half the ward was from Tonga and the other half "Polongies" or however you spell it.
We got pretty good at pronouncing the Tongan names :)
Lindy--I couldn't stop laughing at your poop post...and then two days later I had the exact same experience, but it wasn't a log and Briton walked all over in it!
My mom always uses ammonia or vinegar and warm water. Blot with the ammonia mixture and then suck it all up with a wet/dry vac. This is the best method I've found for poop-stain removal (or any stain, for that matter). I've even cleaned a huge paint spill with wet/dry vac. I should start a carpet-cleaning business. I'm on my hands and knees scrubbing way too often:)
I'm happy to report the poop stains are out of the carpet. I used some water and vinegar (didn't have club soda on hand) and put clean towels down and stood on it to absorb it--don't have a wet vac, then gently rubbed the stains away and repeated with the water. So thanks, everyone, for your help!
Love your blog, found it by searching for "poop stain removal." Hahaha, what a referral, huh? I got an email at work from my wife who is now staying at home with our two week old. She said "Remember those expensive bath rugs we had? Levi just shot poop across the room and ruined them when I was changing his diaper. I took pictures." I laughed so hard, and now I'm staying up late to try to find a way to salvage my rugs.
I poked around a little bit, and enjoyed reading some of your other posts. Come to find out you're LDS! We are too, and just moved to Rose Park. Funny, the people you meet trying to remove poop stains. :-)
I'm a guy who is a bit under the weather at the moment and thought I had to fart....Well,....never the less there is now a brown stain on my chair. I have read the solutions to rid the stain and will update you all later with my results.
Post a Comment