Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas with the Udalls by numbers

34
people sleeping, eating, and living in one big rented house

0
dollars our beautiful Christmas tree cost during a blizzard on Christmas Eve

4
types of soup we ate on Christmas Eve (tortilla, broccoli cheese, lentil, corn chowder)

2
presents I forgot at home

72
eggs served Christmas morning (along with bacon, coffee cake, hot cocoa, juice, and fruit)

3
movies I watched (The Nativity Story, Hairspray, Juno)

1
times we heard Boomer peform Whitney's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" (thankfully, only 1)

2

cute baby boys getting millions of kisses daily

3
caffeine-free Diet Cokes I drank (which is very good for me, especially the caffeine free part…I'm taking baby steps here)

17
missed calls on Keegan's phone he deliberately didn't pick up

5
trips to the airport (including one flight that resulted in a smoke-filled plane, so was rescheduled for the following night)

8
kids "Uncle Brady" had in the hot tub in their undies in below-freezing temps

5
dollars he offered to each of them if they'd jump out and roll in the snow before getting back in (most of them did, and he made good on his promise)

5
bags of microwave popcorn we ruined before realizing the microwave was wacked

12
kids we took to the "Bouncing Off the Walls" fun center (which was exactly how we felt!)

23
degrees Fahrenheit the day we left the house to go sledding

1
times Ame went down the sledding hill before declaring "no more" with all the grump she could muster

2
grandparents wondering to themselves what they ever did to deserve such a posterity

2.5
days the Udall tribe can hang out with each other before killing one another off


Hope your Christmas was as merry—and hairy—as ours!

7 comments:

Crystal said...

I loved reading this post! It looks like it was so fun
:)

Crystal said...

Oh and I LOVE the pic of the kids in the banner...and I have no idea why my previous post showed up twice.

k8shoe said...

Would have loved to been there just to hear Ryan sing some Whitney! That's so funny! This post gets me excited for the Larson reunion....sounds like you guys had fun.

Mindy said...

lindy
you are quite the statistician and these numbers are oh so much more fun than test scores. who was not there? i am thinking there are more than 34 udalls. i laughed that kids will do anything for $$ and brady paid up. will we see ryan on you tube hamming it up? talk to you soon

Lori said...

I'm glad a good time was had by all - congrats on finding a place big enough to congregate. I can't imagine what Christmas morning looked like. YIKES!

Just Us said...

I love your banner picture!! Cute kids! It was fun seeing you in the Walmart the other day with all of your Udall reunion food in tow. :) Can't wait until book club to see people again--plus it will mean that the craziness of the holidays is over, which is good!

Jillian said...

I love reading your posts! This one was especially entertaining.. it sounds like you guys had a blast! What cute pics in the hot tub!