Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dreaming of a green Christmas?



Consider this cool alternative to wrapping paper (saving trees!), especially all of you who have stacks of beautiful fabrics. It's a Japanese cloth-wrapping called furoshiki. The Japanese government actually issued the below image to help keep the practice "alive." I think it would be a fun thing to know. The best part is that the gift recipient then has a pretty piece of fabric to either make into something or pass onto someone else as furoshiki. Click on below image to enlarge for the how to.


4 comments:

Brynn P. said...

I LOVE fabric! Nice idea. I'll have to try it! You always have the best ideas!

Sarah said...

Wow! That is beautiful! I am such a tree hugger that I would love to give it a try! Do you know any specifics about types of fabric and where to get them? I'd love any additional info you have! Thanks!

Sarah said...

by the way, I LOVE your new header picture - who took that?

Crystal said...

I love that you posted the instructions for this.
I'm going to have to print out your list and stick it in a December file for next year. Great ideas!