Thursday, December 6, 2007

Apparently my kids think Santa is Jesus…

…and that Santa gives out presents on his birthday. (And Ame doesn't even know which holiday Santa belongs to.) "Write a letter to Santa" is what we did for our December 1 advent activity…see sidebar for running list. The resulting letters as dictated to me, with gentle prompts here and there:

Dear Santa Claus,

How do you live at the North Pole? How are you doing? Thank you for bringing presents. I would like you to bring me WebWorld (it's a Spiderman toy), a WebBlaster, Diego rescue center, Nerf long shot (that's like my gray gun), a dinosaur toy from Wal-Mart, and a Hot Wheels monster truck.

Happy Birthday! I'm helping my sister and being good. How do you make presents? How do you make the boxes and put ribbons on them? Please bring my presents to my Grandma Risa's house, 'cause I'm gonna have a big party and sleepover there with all my cousins. I don't know if that house has a fireplace. My house in Tooele doesn't, but my mom said she'll leave the door unlocked for you if you need to leave something. I'm 5 now. Love you. Oh, can I have the Jetix channel (number 174)?

Love,
Makai Funaki
* * * * * * * *
Dear Santa Claus,

Happy Birthday! Thank you for bringing presents. Please bring me blue princess shoes, and a blue princess dress and wand. Not a yellow one. That's it. Oh, I want some books too. And a movie.

I'm being a good girl. See? I'm happy [pointing to her cheesy smile]! I won't get food on my new red church dress. Happy Halloween!

Love you,

Amelia Nau Funaki…Ame

I turned 3. I live in Tooele.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Hey... they are closer than Cohen. I asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he said, "I want to dress like a pumpkin."

I guess he finally figured out which costume to wear. ;)

Anne Marie said...

Ok the Halloween comment is killing me. I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Crystal said...

ha! Yes, the pumpkin comment was pretty funny :)

k8shoe said...

I love the I'm being a good girl...see I'm happy part. So precious! I also love the fact that it's Santa's birthday. Good idea to create some fun memories (I love the advent calendar idea).

Daisy said...

Oh my goodness Lindy, that was great. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy Halloween... oh I mean Merry Christmas.