And THEN, this morning, I heard screaming. Lots of it. I came running to see which child was most likely seriously injured, then I heard the words they were saying: "Mom, it's Prancer! But without the horns!"
I looked where they were pointing, and there in our backyard were two Prancers, just as they'd said.
These pictures don't show how big they were. When you figure that they are standing in a foot-and-a-half of snow, and how far away I was standing, they were actually pretty big. It was quite impressive. They stayed there for several hours, eating the weeds that we like to call our backyard. [that mess of chain link used to be the previous owner's dog kennel; we've just never done anything with it]
My kids kept giggling, saying, "He's looking at me!" "Can we go feed him? Please, mom!" "Mom, will they tell Santa where we live?" Ah, the magic of Christmas.
I got some good leverage out of it: "That's right, they are looking at you. Santa sent them to check up on you and make sure you're being good. You'd better watch out!" Christmas does work magic!
4 comments:
Lindy, you're such a good mom! I'm so impressed with your list of advent activities, and your decorations are cute! I especially love the little people nativity. I'll have to think about that one. I also have a tapa ornament from my friend anne (that you met). So I think that makes me wealthy or something lol.
I love the advent box you got from roberts. i saw one similar, but not nearly as cute at Target for thirty bucks and wanted to get it, but thought that was too much. Did Roberts price their's better?
Jenn, I got mine at Robert's Black Friday sale 2 years ago for $20. It's pretty big (16" square, 3" deep). We've enjoyed it. We're having fun doing the advent activities…now if I can only remember to save these somewhere for next year.
The good thing for you is Maddy is still young enough that you've got a few years to let things "slide" with no pressure! Just enjoy the holidays!
How cool to have those visitors, esp. right after a reindeer movie!
So cute! One year when we lived in Utah I was doing dishes on a snowy day and looked out the window (we had an apple orchard right behind our house) to discover 3 deer in the snow. They were so gorgeous--I ran and grabbed the video camera and called all my neighbors, who were like, "stupid Arizonan...this happens all the time!" How fun that your kids got to see!
Post a Comment