Friday, December 7, 2007

And there was light

I'm feeling rather triumphant today, having put up the outside lights all by my lonesome yesterday while Aki was at work. (Okay, so that's a little white lie…I paid a kid down the street a few bucks to climb up on my roof to do the highest part of the roof…I usually try to avoid lawsuits, so I'm extremely glad he didn't fall.) Above, you can see the unprofessional-looking results of my efforts (with or without snow, for your viewing pleasure).

The inside of our house, however, is a different story altogether. In fact, during dinner tonight, I was looking at the shelf and thinking to myself, "You know, I should probably put the Indian corn and squash away, but the Give Thanks sign would still work for Christmas."

This has been one foggy day in Tooele, folks…couldn't even see two lightposts ahead while driving. But the line at Apollo Burger was extremely long I noticed (it is Tooele's latest addition to their growing list of fine eating establishments). I mean, what else are you going to do when it's foggy?

5 comments:

Daisy said...

Lindy, your decorations look beautiful and festive. I can't wait to see you next week!

{Erica} said...

heautiful lights and love love love the ront door! Great job on doing it yourself!

Crystal said...

Wow. Looks great! I always have huge plans for Christmas decor and then I just...don't.
But I did finish my stockings at least!

kh said...

At least my kids can enjoy the pictures of others lights, as our house remains the black hole of the neighborhood.

You did a great job! I don't dare to do it by myself!

Tip Junkie said...

They look amazing! Great job!