Monday, December 17, 2007

Are we really surprised?

some food for thought:
Salt Lake City named vainest city by Forbes
[different links: SL Trib article and the Forbes slideshow]


Just remember this when you start comparing yourself to other people…you can never tell what's real or "enhanced."

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Really??? I'm from Utah, but never knew people were so vain in SLC...I'm from Utah County, but live in Colorado now. Too funny!

Crystal said...

Interesting.
This is kind of sad, considering the state also ranks pretty high on foreclosure and debt problems.
How are people paying for this?
***LOVE the accompanying picture!***

Anonymous said...

The poll was about the % of plastic surgeons per capita, not about how materialistic, or judgmental the people are. Also, keep in mind there is a LARGE # of Doctors (and other professionals for that matter) that live in SLC, but work 3-4 days a week in places like LA or Vegas. SLC is an easy commute to & from.

Tiff Hunt said...

Utah is the weirdest state I have ever lived in. In my last ward, we had the size 4 club. You had to be a size four or smaller to fit in. They go to the gym with full hair and makeup, and a lots of them, that I know are anorexic!! So, you can't tell me that people in Utah are not vain! It really wouldn't surprise me if it were true!!!
P.S. I love the picture too!! HA!

k8shoe said...

Phew! Sure glad I don't live in Salt Lake City! :)

Anonymous said...

Doesn't suprise me one bit. Though the "poseurs" have a lot of spillover in other parts of the Salt Lake and Utah Valleys, in my opinion.