
this little nativity set I picked up in Mexico (they're only about 1 to 2 inches tall)

the birds and berries I have scattered throughout the room

this stocking ornament that came from one of my sister Camie's around-the-world trips…can't remember if this is from Kosovo or from Bolivia

this stocking ornament from Tonga, made from tapa cloth and shells

this angel, another Tongan tapa cloth and shell ornament

wood advent calendar
(I think I got this at Roberts a couple years ago)—the kids love to open a door each day to find two of a small treat (sticker, quarter, candy, gum) and a strip of paper listing an activity…see sidebar for what we're doing today

this felt wall hanging takes over a frame and space of another print I have up year round…I made these little snowmen when I was still single

and my kids' favorite is the
Little People nativity scene. My sister Symonie gave it to them last year, complete with
shepherds, and they LOOOOOVE it.
[Bonus: both the nativity and the shepherd sets are on sale.]P.S. Sorry for the horrible photos. I wish I knew how to take better photos. Add that to my wish list, huh?
4 comments:
My Mom gave us the Little People nativity last year and I love it and so do my kids. I think it is an awesome toy to have to help remind your kids of the true meaning of Christmas! Thanks for sharing a few of your favorite things I loved this post. It made me what one of those advent shelves.
I, too, want one of the advent calendars! I'll have to look for one when the after-Christmas sales come! Thanks for sharing! Your pictures aren't bad!
My mom gave my kids the Little People Nativity last year and they LOVE it. It's nice to have a nativity set they can play with. I LOVE your little one from Mexico.
I ordered a Lil People Nativity set a couple of nights ago. Should be fun to display it.
I LOVE that advent cupboard and the berries!!!
My MIL is in the process of making tapa ornaments, I should send her your pics for more ideas.
Post a Comment