…to how many days our extended family (my siblings and their kids) should hang out together before the fun wears out and we're all too tired, according to my brother. Since all 9 of us and our accompanying spouses and kids were here for the wedding over a long weekend, we decided to make a mini family reunion out of it.
We rented a big cabin up at Sundance, planned some meals and activities, and just relaxed. I thought it was great, and the kids were having the time of their lives (they of course thought all their cousins lived there in that "house made of wood and sticks" and keep asking when we can go back). With that many crazy Udall kids running around, the place was like a triage--we had so many injuries we just left the big first aid kit out on the counter.
We ate too much, gossiped not enough, held babies, played cards, sang songs, hiked and walked, played football, and took naps (oh, and my dad unknowingly tried to get all the kids drunk during FHE by offering them a questionable beverage--he thought he was making a toast to the newlywed couple, but some of us figured he must have already been swigging the stuff before then--see pic of my nephew Finn downing the drink).
But like my brother suggested, 2.5 days was it. We ended the whole shindig by letting the kids run out their energy (and our wallets) at Boondocks Fun Center. After a final meal at Cafe Rio, we all said good-bye to each other, until next year.
4 comments:
Lindy- that is too funny that we found each other in cyberspace. I agree that it is a bit chaotic with so much family around, but it is so fun too! I loved chatting with your nieces and nephews who are so grown up now, even if they don't know who I am. :)
And your kids are adorable, even post-chocolate fountain.
I will definitely tell Rob you say hi.
I love Dave Ramsey and Broc hates Dave Ramsey. haha. We both read his book and I am trying to get my family to either read his book or do the FPU. We will see how that goes!
I will have to link your blog and check in on how your little ones are growing!
Lindy! I'm so glad you have a blog. I have enjoyed checking out the pictures and reading about what you are up to. I miss you being my neighbor! We need to have a summer BBQ at some point.
Lindy!
Yes, of course I remember you!! I was just looking at my newphes yearbook yesterday and thought about the sj yearbook class. wow, that was a long time ago!
Yep, I'm living in utah. i never really thought I'd end up here...but i like it.
Your kids are so cute and your little girl (just saw the photo of one) is so beautiful! How many children do you have?
Oh and I just ran into one of your cousins over the weekend at old navy in american fork. I can't remember her name but she lives in highland, has bland hair and two kids. I was shocked she new who i was.
well i'm glad you found my blog. i LOVE finding new blogs. its so much fun keeping in touch with friends and family.
Lindy-
Nice pic of Finn!!!! i like all of your pictures! they are great!!
Love,
Alli-Cat
Post a Comment