Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Birthday, Handsome!

Five years ago on November 29, Makai, you came into my life. I was forever changed for I had became a mother. It was the day after Thanksgiving that Daddy and I made our way to the quiet little hospital in Payson, Utah. Grandma Risa came and went, and when the time came, helped bring you into the world.

You had several visitors at the hospital, everyone curious to know what you would look like. You had silky black hair and big black eyes. You were beautiful, and still are (well, now you like to be called "handsome.")

Even though you've made sure these last 5 years have been filled with challenges and frustrations, thanks to your boundless energy and strong will, you have also taught me much about love, thanks to your big heart.

I will always love you, more than you can know, for you will always be my baby. Have a wonderful day!
"There is an enduring tenderness in the love of a mother to a son
that transcends all other affections of the heart."


–Washington Irving

4 comments:

Ketsy said...

I can't believe how grown up he is now! I remember him being a beautiful little boy (but yes, now he is more handsome). Happy birthday, Makai!

Summer said...

Hope Makai had a great birthday! He really is getting so handsome. I love your gratitude list btw. I'm grateful for online shopping too! (since that's about all I'm going to do this year for Christmas)

Missy said...

I just got your comment on my blog. We won't be available until probably after 6 p.m. tomorrow (Sunday). I can come get the books when we get home or I can just pick them up on Monday. I hope you enjoyed them!!!

Heather said...

Hi Lindy - Erica is looking over my shoulder and we have been laughing at how cute Makai is! We are laughing so hard at his curly top, he reminds us of Bryant. Your kids are seriously some of the cutest I've ever seen.