Saturday, November 10, 2007

Three years ago today, we met for the first time

What I remember about that day:
  • arriving early to the hospital for the induction, Daddy went to work
  • being hungry (shocker, I know)
  • waiting, waiting, and more waiting for 12+ hours
  • gossiping with Heidi and Symonie while the Pitocin did its thing
  • experiencing a brutal epidural insertion
  • wanting to kill the anesthesiologist
  • being introduced to the TV show Lost by H & S (it was a Wednesday night, you know)
  • screaming, wanting to hurt someone or something (it doesn't only happen in the movies)
  • watching Daddy hold you for the first time
  • thinking you looked just like Makai did when he was born
  • being slightly disappointed at the lack of hair and how white you were
  • deciding on your name: Amelia Nau Lusiakitaulanga Funaki ("and we'll call her Ame")
  • talking on the phone to both sets of your grandparents, who were oceans away
  • finally eating dinner around midnight…I chose the meatloaf over the lasagna (for reasons I won't disclose)
  • feeding you after you so kindly asked the nurse to wake me in the night
I love you, Ame Nau. Your daddy loves you. Your big brother loves you, though you may question his actions at times. And your grandpas and grandmas and aunts and uncles and cousins all love you.

You will never know how you have changed my life…I will be eternally grateful for the privilege of being your mother. (Heavenly Father really knows how to pick 'em…or should I say make 'em!
h a p p y b i r t h d a y


"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
Cherokee Expression

8 comments:

Brynn P. said...

what a cute little girl! We hope she has an awesome birthday!

Shane said...

So sweet! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Lindy, whenever I read what you write I feel like I am there listening to you. I love it and makes me feel not so far away. Happy Birthday Ame!

Anne Marie said...

that really was me I did realize Shane was logged in. Sorry about that.

Crystal said...

So sweet. I love that you have a cute photo of you two together. Happy Birthday Ame!

kh said...

Ah jeez. Pass the kleenex... (sniffle)

Great (touching) post. (sniffle sniffle.)

k8shoe said...

Lindy, I've always thought you re-told events and stories better than anyone I know. This is a great example! How fun to read about the day that Ame was born. Very good post and beautiful daughter that is so sweet! Good job with both of your kids!

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize Rune and Ame are so close in age. She is a cute girl, and they will have fun playing this summer..

Jillian said...

such a beautiful post! it is so fun to see pics of ame as a baby.. how fast they change. Happy Birthday Ame!