Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dan in Real Life


So Saturday night after celebrating Ame's birthday with cousins Nina & Satchel and Aunt Symonie (at Ame's request, we had Chinese food and "brown cake with pink frosting"), Aki and I congratulated ourselves for having such a fine little girl by going to see a late showing of Dan in Real Life.

Sweet, enjoyable movie. I loved Steve Carell's role, and though the plot was predictable, it was fun to watch a good movie that wasn't full of garbage and have that time with my Aki in real life.

P.S. I must have been tired (remember, it was the late show), but I was laughing OUT LOUD when Dan Cook was singing the little pigs song. My laugh was contagious, and Aki started giggling, and then we couldn't stop (you know how it is when you're trying to laugh quietly, or stop altogether, and that makes it even funnier). There we were, a couple of thirtysomethings, laughing ourselves silly because of a song about the Three Little Pigs. Good times. It really did feel good!

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

I didn't think you were yet a thritysomething just thirty. Glad you had fun:) It is one of those moments of good in life.

Missy said...

I've heard that movie was good!! We'll definitely have to check it out sometime!!

kh said...

I LOVED this movie! Will you believe me when I say I cried? While you were laughing I was crying. I thought the movie was so touching, I guess I really liked how well he played a father for his girls.

You are right, it was predictable, but HILARIOUS! (Almost makes me think Steve-O is a little sexy! I said ALMOST!)