Miscellany
- Those who know me know I'm a big-time list maker. In fact, I have to-do lists in the office, in the car, in random notebooks, in my scriptures, and in the kitchen, and so I consolidated into a groovy extra-long notebook I got at Target. I have one gigantic, never-ending TO DO list that I am happily marking items off of. My kids get as excited as I do when I get to mark off one of my "chores." Those are my kids' chore charts you see up there. We've been using them for awhile, and they seem to be working well. (The larger-image chart are chores that we all do together so the kids can start learning the ropes).
- My kids are so disappointed that I forgot to record the Backyardigans movie last night. We had it on our calendar and everything, but in my efforts to have FHE, I spaced it and didn't even record it. Any of you moms know if there is a repeat showing scheduled?
- I'm going to the cannery tomorrow with 6 old ladies (I'm the designated driver, with reason). I'm planning to take my camera and get some good shots—what we'll be canning, I have no idea. I'm sure I'll have something to offer you, photographically speaking (me in a hair net? peach halves in syrup? potato pearls? grandmas wearing grandma shoes?).
- So I'm a leader/counselor of our Young Women group at Church. Our weekly activity tomorrow will consist of a hair and skin care class. The kicker: I will be the victim of a makeover, though not very extreme. A lady who runs a salon here will cut and color my hair (and wax my eyebrows) as part of it. I've been growing my eyebrows out just so I'll experience the full RIP and see a difference. I know you think I'm crazy to subject my hair to this, but the way I see it, it's all free, and my hair probably couldn't get any uglier than it is right now (and has been for the last year). Check back here for BEFORE-and-AFTER photos!
15 comments:
Lindy,
I just did a check for the next 3 days on my guide and it's not playing again thus far. It did play this afternoon again on tv...sorry you missed it! :( We did a quick FHE last night and then watched Backyardigans for the bulk of FHE....I can send you a copy if you'd like....
Where did you get that chore chart? I've been trying to decide how to make one as of late but then you go and post about one that is perfect!!
Can't wait to see the photos of your makeover - I LOVE makeovers!
Erica, I'll make you a deal. You send me a copy of the Backyardigans movie, and I'll make you a customized chore chart (or two). Just tell me names and the list of activities/chores you want on them.
I can't wait for the before and after pics...it is like watching TLC right on your blog...I'll be returning soon.
How funny. I have been making charts and growing out my eyebrows as well for the past week and a half.
Seriously!
Cute charts, by the way!
F-U-N! And you are brave. But I totally get the "Free" thing and the "ugly" thing. So really it's a win-win, wouldn't you say? Can't wait to see the pics.
Oh and have a blast canning!
Totally a deal....but I feel like I should do more on my end....we'll see what else I can come up with :D...it'll be a surprise!
Hello. I want to know where you got those chore charts I have been looking for something like that. We need to get a schedule or something in our house! AHHH. I would appreciate some info!
Hah. I just read the comments looks like you make them and I wasnt trying to sneak a free one out of you! I will have to see what I can do by copying yours! THANKS!
lindy
are we genetic freaks about the list making? i do them in my head, on post it notes, notebooks, backs of envelopes (like grandma udall) and i derive pure joy from making them and checking off items as i complete them.
Lindy, LOVE THE LISTS! I love making lists too. And the more visually pleasing to the eye they are, the better! I'll have to give that a try when Marcela is old enough.
Also, can't wait to see the results of the makeover! YOU ARE ONE BRAVE WOMAN!!!
Did you make all of that on your Mac? That is the computer you have, right? If it is, you need to teach me how to use mine. I am a retard!!!!
Hey. I would love to do a trade, do you need any vinyl maybe to make xmas presents or something for your house? Or I can make some hair bows...hehee that might be all I have to offer at the moment! I love your chore chart just as it is, for your girl anyway (Sydney is 2.5 but let me think about it, I may want something diffrent....and I would love the other for me too! I totally need a schedule dang it, we are going crzy over here without one. So when I have a minute I will write you back if either of the trades are enticing let me know. thanks so much!
Fun free hair! Wahoo, I say.
And I get to go to the cannery myself, for the first time ever. I am nervous. Suppose I can my wedding ring by mistake? Or what if, right before the can gets sealed, a mouse dives in? Or what if I get stuck talking--I mean listening to--Sis so-and-so THE WHOLE TIME? (sigh) You know who I mean. You have one in your ward. Everybody does.
Lindy, either you are really into canning or your makeover was too extreme. Hope you're doing well and not lost outside of blogland. :)
Hey Lindy I'm Brynns husband and she was telling me about you and your husband. I would love to meet you and your husband sometime. Our email is jbpiacitelli@hotmail.com or cell is 435 406 9172. I have a question to I was looking at your blogger and I noticed you knew Brock Hendershot. I played football with Brock in AZ. What a small world how do you know Brock? Well I look forward to meeting you guys.
Post a Comment