

Even though I'm not feeling so hot (see "wood floors" post), I am actually going to make dinner tonight. My sister-in-law Melinda has been staying with us—she's my excellent kitchen/children/conversation helper—so we made an outing to the grocery store and came home with:
- cabbage
- ground pork
- green onions..................[for menu item #1]
- water chesnuts
- fresh ginger
- sesame oil
- (borrow wrappers from below)
- cream cheese
- imitation crab meat..........[for menu item #2]
- wonton wrappers
- (borrow green onions from above)
"I was 32 30 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate."
~Julia Child Lindy Funaki
~
[P.S. That reminds me…a thank you to the Harrises for the gigantic rice cooker you gave us…we use the thing at least once weekly. Gracias.]
2 comments:
ha! "Asian fiesta"
Sounds yummy.
And Melinda's there? When's she coming this way?
I love making Asian/poly food....good homecooking for me. We ALWAYS have rice on hand as well. I remember growing up we always had rice in the rice cooker...we don't do that yet since we only have 2 small kids, but we have rice at least 3 times a week :). if you live in utah the best place for rice is in provo on university, a little asian store name Choas....mmmm...best rice EVER!
Post a Comment