Saturday, November 29, 2008

happy happy birthday makai

This guy turns 6 years old today. He wanted pancakes and eggs for breakfast, chicken nuggets for lunch, tacos for dinner ("no lettuce or tomatoes, though, or onions. just meat and cheese and ketchup"), and birthday brownies for dessert. We eat pretty healthy around here.

3 of Mak's favorite things:
  1. "playing the computer and watching TV on Saturday morning"
  2. "looking at books. i like to sound out the words"
  3. "chicken"
3 of Mak's not-so-favorite things:
  1. "onions"
  2. "when mom and dad get mad at me"
  3. "running errands with mom"
I love you, Makai, and I always will. Even though you call me "one crazy woman" multiple times a day and make up your own swear words. Even though you can't keep your hands off the baby, away from the keyboard, or out of my hair. Even though you think tormenting your little sister is loads of fun. Even though you outgrow your clothes at a budget-busting rate. Even though you have selective hearing and an inability to stop moving. Even though mom needs a break from you once in a while and sometimes gets mad at you, know this: I LOVE YOU.

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Happiest Birthday Makai!!! You are growing up so quickly.
:)

Emily said...

Happy Birthday MAKAI!!

Jenn said...

Tacos and ketchup? Intriguing...I'll try anything once, well maybe. lol! Happy Birthday Makai! And great post One Crazy Woman! ha!

Lindy said...

Makai and ketchup are "like this"(crossed fingers). In fact, it's the one thing that has consistently made it on our family's Thanksgiving "We're Thankful For..." list every year.

Jenn, we'll invite you over for dinner. I'll make you a taco with ketchup. :) But you can have the other "adult" toppings too.

k8shoe said...

Happy Birthday Makai. These kids are growing up too fast!

Also, I want to hear his made up swear words.....

Lindy said...

Oh, "shrud!" would be the latest.

ms said...

Lindy, I just thought I'd tell you - my husband is driving up this weekend, and going back on Sunday, then he'll be coming back up the following Thursday - I don't know if you'd be interested, but I thought I'd give you a head's up.

Jenn said...

So...where are you? What do you have stuff to do, like play with your three kids? Nah, that can't be it. :) I miss your blogging. I could have called to complain, but I'm lame like that. :)