Friday, November 7, 2008
Tragedy
My thoughts are consumed by this story I just learned of last night. It happened in my hometown; Vince's dad coached me in softball and his sister and I played together through high school. I am sick to think of his wife, parents, and family—my heart breaks for them. How does such a thing happen? I can't make sense of it.
He just got married in September; a blog showing some of their wedding photos is here. A much happier time.
Lock up your hunting guns if you own any, teach your children how to handle anger, and teach them what permanent harm violence in real life (as opposed to the virtual world of TV, movies, and video games) can do.
My thoughts and prayers are with the Romero and Romans families. Vincent Romero St. Johns
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I know. I heard last night too. He was really such a nice guy. I don't even know what to say about this. I am still in shock.
that is so terribly sad. poor, poor family. they are in my prayers
that is absolutely horrifying. i hate guns. and violent media.
oh, that's so sad.
I am glad that you did this little tribute because I have been trying to figure out who he was exactly...I am not great with names. After seeing the pictures from his wedding I know everyone. So sad. I am just beside myself for the family. I can't imagine an 8 year old doing this....that is my daughters age....does she really understand and could she be capable of this. It seems impossible. How sad for him to feel such anger and out of options...
MMMMM....just awful...thanks for the post though!
Seriously, he was one of the happiest guys I knew. I played little league with him, and we were even in jazz choir together in high school. It's tragic...
I found out last night, and just like everyone else i am shocked and sadden. vince was such a fun kid, i feel so bad for his family. i'm just sick!
Wow, when stuff like this happens it just takes you back and makes you wonder how things can go so wrong. So terribly sad.
Also, I got your message late so I didn't want to wake any sleeping babies and call back, but I'm just happy you're okay, I was a little worried! Hope your photo shoot went great! I'll call you soon!
That's so sad. A family I grew up with is from there and the mom had served breakfast to the 8 yo and his dad that morning at his school....(I know her as sister Patterson)
Any ways, that is so crazy and sad!
Ya, I'm also very sad about this. One good thing, I was able to see him a week and a half before at our 10 year class reunion, I will cherish that for my entire life! :(
Post a Comment