As of 9 'o clock last night I didn't know I'd be going to the midnight showing of Twilight. I wasn't willing to fight the masses and figured I would see it during Thanksgiving weekend. But when I went to book club, the girls had an extra ticket so they offered it to me (thanks Jenn & Kristen!). I came home and "reported" to Aki who was snoring loudly, fed the babe, and off I went to estrogen city.I was worried I would be disappointed, but overall, the movie was better than I expected. I liked it. I felt all teenager-ish (how could you not?). I must admit, it was fun. It put a smile on my face to hear a theater full of women and girls—and a few stray males—cheer at the sight of the silver Volvo coming to the rescue.
Like most movies-from-books, however, I felt it tried to squeeze too much into a small time frame. I wish there had been more development of the relationship and of the other characters...I wouldn't mind watching it as a loooong movie, Pride & Prejudice style.
I LIKED:
- Edward's jawline (along with that, the first kiss)
- the predatory stares (okay, okay, they were a bit dramatic, but still)
- the soundtrack
- Charlie & Renee
- the casting of the high school friends
Now for the negatives...I have to get these off my chest. Feel free to skip right over these if your love is blind to Twilight's faults:
I DID NOT LIKE…
- Jacob's hair (I don't really care for the casting of Jacob in general)
- makeup job on Edward and Cullens (a little too Halloween makeup-ish)
- Bella's annoying acting (enough blinking and stammering already!)
- Jasper
Just for fun...
11 comments:
I loved all the screaming. It made it entertaining....very much back to High School.
Likes: Bella, Edward grew on me, most all of it......
Except: Agree on the Cullen's make-up, what the crap was up with Jasper's hair?, and Rosalie was not very pretty and she's supposed to be the most beautiful!
Agree with the fact that they didn't build up to their falling in love very well at all.
Overall I loved it and am excited for the next one (how are they going to recreate the Volturri and stuff?)
I did my review on my blog but I agree on every thing you said, I forgot about the jawline I just might have to go back and edit that one in! The best part of the movie was you asking the guy in front of you if he was forced to come haha you are the Best! We need to get out more often!
Too bad about the make up! :(
Ahhhhh. Now I'm dying to see it. I am planning to wait til Thanksgiving as Annie made me promise that I would not see it without her and she's out of the country. :( Grrrrr.
My tickets are for tomorrow evening (I'm skipping the U/Y game for it - eek). I'll let you know.
We went last night too! I got like 4 1/2 hours of sleep and then went to school! woot. haha :[
I really didn't like who they picked for Bella. She just didnt' work for me... Same w/ Jasper. He was just plain weird.
Haven't seen it yet, so I'm still curious about how some of their casting choices work...(or not).
The girl who plays Roaslie, for example: beautiful girl! But she looks HIDEOUS as a blonde with pasty skin...really, they should've taken that pasty skin thing into consideration when they were casting...
And is Jacob as cross-eyed in the movie as he looks in some of the screen shots I've seen?
I liked it, for the most part. I agree with all your 'did not likes'. Jasper was the WORST! What in the world. Carlisle looked like a freak show. The makeup was really bad. I hated the part where he was in the sun. He was supposed to look beautiful not all sweaty! It overall was really good and I'm glad I went, but it could have been so much better. I thought Edward did a good job. I was afraid he would be lame, cause I didn't like the guy they cast, but he was surprisingly HOT in the movie!
Yup! Twilight was awesome!! I'm so glad you got to come with!
This is Breya's sister and I had to read your review on Twilight! I agree with everyone you said and mostly about Bella's stammering! OH and I agree with whoever commented first too!
Post a Comment