Thursday, November 27, 2008

happy heart

Today my heart is full of gratitude and contentment for many things.

Reasons include:
  1. my baby sleeps through the night
  2. my little girl is obviously feeling better this morning, for she is full of giggles and questions
  3. i'm in charge of dessert for Thanksgiving dinner...oh, the possibilities
  4. i get to decorate for Christmas this weekend, while listening to music of the season
  5. had a little one-on-one time with my love last night....AND i get two whole extra days with him
  6. he helps me every step of the way when he's around, from laundry to grocery shopping to baking (well, eating the finished product anyway)
  7. i've been listening to these Thanksgiving songs: "Give Thanks" by Cori Connors (old) and "Thanksgiving Song" by Mary Chapin Carpenter (new)...great lyrics and music
  8. talked with my mom last night and felt such love for her. thanks to mom and dad for taking care of your health so you can "stick around" a while longer
  9. my king-size bed that we all (minus the baby) slept in last night, making a little room for all the arms and legs flung everywhere
  10. i just heard "I love you, mama" from two little ones' mouths
image of my sil Heidi's refrigerator magnets

4 comments:

Tori said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for the songs...I really like them. :)

Heidi said...

I love thanksgiving too! Can't wait to decorate when we get home! I am thankful for good family -- your included of course!!

btw when I saw the picture I thought "oh, did I make those for Lindy?"

Jenn said...

What a great idea. I love your list. I also love when people say how much they love their husbands and their parents. And I'm thankful for you! Awww. :)

Tooele Brezoff said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lindy!
I am thankful for a great friend! (psst.. that means you)