Sunday, November 16, 2008
Where I come from
Here's a nice little article about "The Town of Friendly Neighbors" in response to last week's tragic shootings and subsequent media barrage. It's about, what else, the high school football team (I mean, really, is there anything else worth talking about?).
For any of my fellow St. Johns natives who've been away from there for awhile, just play the video to the right of the article. Once you hear that voice, it will take you straight back to high school. (He's still there?! He looks just the same.)
P.S. For the record, I've never eaten any dish—enchiladas, casserole, or otherwise—that contained any form of small rodent such as squirrel or prairie dog. I don't know anyone who has, other than that priest, apparently. The statement about hunting being a popular father-son activity is very true, however.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Prairie dog enchiladas?? Wow, I can't even think of anything funnier to say than just that by itself. The article was really well written though. There's not too many articles that are nice without going over the edge.
HA! Holy Moly, Coach Morgan hasn't even aged in the last 13 years!
That's funny.
And, I can't wait to try those candy cane oreos!
Lindy, thanks so much for posting this article, it made me all emotional and homesick. I can't wait to watch the Redskins play this next weekend when we are there. And thanks for clearing up the prairie dog enchilada's statement. Seriously, why would the priest say that?!!!
Oh good old St John's -- you know you eat rodent!
How did you tilt your pictures on the side bar?
I'm so glad you posted that! It seems like a lot of the publicity surrounding this story has been negative toward St. Johns. I think that priest needs to quit commenting. We really don't want everyone to know about the squirrel enchiladas.
Post a Comment