Hey there—
I just saw your comment. I'm lame like that too...and lazy. But just so you know, I'm here and I'm fine. I've been sick, and so has the baby, the husband, and the two other kids. Lots and lots of Kleenex and grumpy people with chapped lips live here. Thus, our to-do list is comprised mainly of catching up on housework: laundry, bathrooms, sink full of dishes, etc. I have another non-housework to-do list that's like 60 items long (including "update blog"), but Makai just deleted the entire list last night, so as far as I know, I need only to clean my house.
I've also been busy Christmasifying (my bro-in-law's word) the house a little at a time and doing advent calendar activities with the kids (more to come on that). My office has turned into Santa's workshop, seemingly overnight, what with the arrival of multiple on-line orders at my doorstep. The wrapping station has been set up, warnings administered to the kids, and items marked for return set aside. Our listening ears are transitioning to Christmas music, and snow boots/pants/gloves/hats/jackets are in place, ready for some of the white stuff to arrive.
I wish I had "people," so they could call you for me and schedule a time for us to get together. You could come over, sit on the couch, and talk to me while I clean the kitchen and fold laundry, and yell to me while I'm vacuuming. I would definitely welcome your company (and any treats you might be inclined to bring). Or we could have a "coloring" party, where we could work on the you-know-what. Or maybe you don't know what...I guess you'll just have to call me.
Toodle-oo,
Lindy
P.S. If not before then, I'll see you Saturday. You'll be coming to a clean house, I gare-ohn-teee.
6 comments:
Aww I wish my name were Jenn!
Oh the life of a mother! But aren't you so glad that you can have gift delivered to the door!
btw -- thanks for being my "people" as far as bargain alerts" go!!
I did not read that- I promise. :P
This makes my WHOLE week! Holy cow, how did I miss this?? This put the biggest smile on my face. I need people too. At least you have the Little People! :) I'm so funny. Also, your sister is awesome. Just thought I'd tell you. Thanks for holding down the fort while I was so lamely late. And for the hug when I knocked over the glass. Yikes, it was getting hairy there for a bit, but it all turned out in the end. Whew!
P.S. Sitting around talking while you do your housework sounds like fun. I hope your people do that again soon so I can come over! Holy long comment. Love ya
You've been "my people" helping get my party put together!! I'm ALMOST ready to breathe!! Thanks so much!! I hope you all feel better soon!
Hey, Lindy! This is Kate Jones, your old neighbor in the Provo Ghetto! :) I just stumbled across your blog and I'm so glad I did! You guys look like you're doing so great and your kids are ADORABLE. Good to "see" you! :)
--Kate
Post a Comment