Okay, so since I'm in such an excellent mood this morning, I thought I'd get some of my negativity out and pass it around blogdom. Just this once, then I promise to follow up with some optimistic vibes tomorrow or sometime later this week.Introducing a few of my (many)
PET PEEVES:
PET PEEVES:
- Receiving a blank Christmas card...not even a name written inside (gee, thanks for the reusable card. good thing the envelope has your return address so I know who sent the thing!).
- Apostrophe in a family's plural last name. It should be written: The Funakis, NOT The Funaki's. And if your last name ends in s, just add es to make it plural: Morris-->Morrises . Looks weird, I know.
- Misuse of apostrophes in general and...I could go on and on about English usage. I am my mother's daughter.
- Smelling like food. In high school, I used to change my clothes just to eat dinner. I also have to wash my hands after meals...I can't really function if they smell like food.
- For said reason, when eating at a restaurant, being seated next to someone ordering fajitas...it can ruin my whole evening.
- Not having lotion available after I wash my hands...I hate dry skin!
- Lack o' customer service (including cashiers who don't know basic math).
- When I drive away from the drive-thru and realize the order is wrong (or there's no ketchup, no straw, etc.).
- Telemarketers who don't take no for an answer and make me want to throw the phone across the room.
- Answering the phone to a voice recording from "Sarah" or "Kevin" wanting to talk about my mortgage, auto warranty, satellite TV, or credit card account, etc.
- When people don't park straight...come on, take an extra 30 seconds and do it right.
- Missing library books...I hate looking for them.
- The Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.
- When the following used up items are not replaced: paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags, grocery store produce bags.
- Grocery store lines...especially, a store that has 20 check-out stands but only 3 are open with 8 people in each line (hello, Wal-Mart).
- My brother Cord.
- When parents don't follow the rules of pronunciation in naming their child (secondary to that: crazy spellings in general and combo names...sorry to all you Breaking Dawn fans—Renesmee Carlie is pretty bad).
9 comments:
ha! Your own Brother? Fajitas? Oh and the Christmas card cracks me up. Thanks for the list. I've considered writing one myself...hmmm:
-use of "I" (she and I's vs. hers and my...I think. Whatever.)
-entitlement
-resting on laurels (especially if they are not your own)
-name dropping
-people that commit with a smile with no intention of following through
-cashiers/employees at any given establishment that take out their frustrations on my purchases and expect me to listen to them whine about how they haven't had a break yet.
Okay, I've encroached enough. It felt pretty good.
:)
Fajita's?? Good thing I HAD NO TIME to make these the night you were over. lol
WOW. You should be an english teacher.....(and maybe stay away from my blog...Lol I'm not great at the kind of stuff)
And your brother? lOL I laughed so hard at that. I love how you didn't explain...you just simply named one brother out of, what, 10?? lol
You're so funny!
Wow Lindy! I bet it felt good to get all of those out. We all have pet peeves and some of yours are not different from mine. Maybe I should follow your lead and do the same on my blog! And at least you didn't say Keegan, he was always my favorite of Brant's friends!!
What did my dad do this time? :D
You crack me up. Good thing you didn't tag anyone to do this post because my list would be longer and more depressing! lol
p.s. How is the mandolin book? I wanted to see the movie because of the previews. :) (oh, and i don't capitalize in email or comments...I wonder if that would make your list??) lol!
i must say that we are related because many of your pet peeves are mine as well. cord, ditto, needs no explanation. and wal-mart drives me nuts. also the post office employees, i now understand why people go "postal". you crack me up. gma udall receives a ton of those telemarketer calls. last week she told me that if my dad did not pay her phone bill they were putting him in jail. she has received that call 6 times she says. i tell her to just hang up on them but she considers that rude. parking straight...amen! and sorry i don't capitalize anything, but i really try to do my best.
Oh, Lindy, I share most of your peeves. Especially the grammar ones. What can I say- Risa had a huge effect on me, even if she wasn't my mom!
Smelling like food is the worst. I love/hate Tepanyaki for that reason!
Post a Comment