Monday, October 20, 2008

For those chilly autumn nights


I spent Friday night at my friend Daisy's house. She made this drink for us, along with hot-and-fresh tortillas covered with melted butter and cinnamon and sugar. It was a delicious snack, if I must say so myself. Daisy sent me home with some cut up pumpkin (the one she cut up was humongous), so I made the drink for Aki on Saturday, and we had leftovers on Sunday. It's definitely different, but give it a try! I think you'll like it—we love it!

5 comments:

Tori said...

That sounds completely wonderful! I have a bunch of pumpkin I need to use up...I may just have to whip up a batch tonight!

ms said...

I love pumpkin anything, so I'm going to try it! My mouth watered when I read the recipe....

Rachel said...

ok was this really that good? it looks delicious but seems like an awful lot of work to do for a drink. Be honest....

Daisy said...

I'll answer Rachel's question . . . it's worth the work if you're the type that loves to sit and sip a delicious hot drink and conversation with dear girlfriends.

Lindy - thanks so much for coming. Loved visiting with you. Hope you'll come back soon. Besos!

Tori said...

Having made this, I will add that it's worth the work if you are cooking pumpkin anyway because you are on a crazy natural foods kick.

It came out awesome!