I can't stop thinking about the Nielsons. I've been looking back through Stephanie's blog archives, being reminded of why so many people are drawn to her blog and relate to her.Another blogger (Mrs. Dub) recently noted what she had learned from Nie, and I ditto her:
- Life is beautiful even when it's boring or monotonous. We need to appreciate the present because it's the only thing we can count on, so make every day special.
- Take pictures! Even of yourself on a fat day/bad-hair day/frumpy day. You might surprise yourself at how beautiful and confident you'll look a year from now. Plus, your posterity will have lots to remember you by.
- Treasure your children. Have lots of children. Be the mom you are naturally, not the mom you think you should be.
- Have an affair with your spouse.
- Wear more red lipstick. Or, in my case, buy some red lipstick. Life is too short for taupe.
Get to know Nie a little better...
- Check out two of my (many) favorite blog posts by Nie: Treasure and Slow Cooker Day
- More on Nie (pre-crash) elsewhere on-line: Cookie Magazine's Nesting Blog (feature on her home),Arizona Republic (feature on her home), an interview about her blog
- And finally, Mr. and Mrs. Nielson were featured in yesterday's New York Times. See the article here.
3 comments:
Just replying to the comment you left on my blog: Yes. The Cottle's live in Utah County again. They live in Spanish Fork, and we actually had dinner w/ them. :D
wow. I read in one of the articles you listed that she had to have a new nose and ear made (or something like that?)
That alone made me realize what kind of horror they are experiencing.
Did you watch the Today show this morning? I just sat and weeped because of the positive attitudes of Nie's siblings. It is amazing to see them all sitting there smiling and being positive and pulling together. What a remarkable family. I just can't get enough.
Post a Comment