I woke up late, got Makai and Ame to school late, locked the keys and the baby in the van at the post office, tried to be calm while he screamed frantically and onlookers gawked, got reprimanded by the policeman for my carelessness, got reprimanded—but thankfully, not ticketed—for having expired registration (that's right, August is over now), raced to pick up Ame from preschool only to realize I was an hour early—seriously, sat in the van and had a cry while I held my sweaty baby who, regardless of my very-stupid-mom moments, still loves me.And it's not even noon yet.
4 comments:
I so feel for you. You are not alone we have all had such days. Trust me.
Darn it! The best thing about bad days is they have to end sometime. Ouch! I would've had a hard time not kicking the police officer in the teeth. Maybe if you went and bawled all over him he'd have backed off a bit...
I just love you! You are such a hoot! I can so sympathize with many things that you endured. You are a great mom even when things don't go right! Don't forget that!
i also SO feel for you. on days like that I just want to push rewind and start over (or fast forward and start tomorrow...)
Post a Comment