Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I should be fired


My ineptitude continues. That photo up there happened last night. Pretty momentous occasion, don't you think? Well, Makai thought so. I can't remember the last time I saw him so excited. He asked me five times if the tooth fairy was real and would really bring him some money for his tooth. I assured him, that yes, she would come.

Guess who forgot to notify the tooth fairy?


There's one sad and disenchanted little boy sitting in kindergarten right now. Maybe the tooth fairy will have to add a little extra dough under his pillow—a late fee.

8 comments:

kh said...

Hello Lindy!

I have LOVED reading your wonderful posts, the one previous to this one, had me rolling. EVERYONE has those days, we just don't write about it as eloquently as you do. Live and let live.

Okay, so about this post. Um, who hasn't forgotten to notify the toothfairy! ME ME ME!!! My son has lost three teeth so far and my daughter just lost her first, did the fairy (the enchanting most generous fairy who gives MONEY for a tooth) remember to come on the first night with any of them? HECK NO!!! So, it's been explained that the tooth fairy is old and has a hard time remembering... to which my daughter quickly replies, "She needs new brain batteries!" (Ah, if it were only that easy.)

So, take heart knowing you are NOT the only mom who has forgotten. (and forgotten and forgotten...)

Love ya!

Pink Caboose said...

Oh man how funny!! Poor kid does deserve a late fee! But I'm sure it won't be the last time the tooth fairy forgets. Ours remembered about 10minutes before he woke up last time.

Anne Marie said...

I am thinking this might be the richest tooth fairy around, $5 should suffice. Thanks for the chuckle.

Tooele Brezoff said...

I did that 3 nights in a row for Addy, I had to tell her to put tht tooth on her dresser and maybe the toothfairy could not see it all the way up on the bunk beds.

So every mom has done it! no worries!

Unknown said...

That's just a hoot- I surely have never handed my kids a quarter after they came in and said the toothfairy forgot. Nope not me.

Heidi said...

I have done that so many times but I usually can sneak in their room and put money under their bed and tell them it must have fallen off in the night.

Jenn said...

I so know how you feel. I can imagine how you felt with the baby in the car. The police officer either 1. does not have kids, or 2. does not have kids. :) hope your day goes better today!

wynne said...

Aww...drat. But what can you expect of yourself? You still have new-baby brain.

Maybe the tooth fairy could leave him a note explaining that there was a crocodile with a loose tooth, and it was an extremely tricky situation, and it kept her busy ALL night. And then she could thank him for being patient with her.

Or something.