Thursday, August 28, 2008

Love for NieNie

Blogland is abuzz today (okay, well at least a lot of the blogs I look at) with silent auctions--all proceeds going to the Stephanie & Christian Nielson recovery fund. This is the young couple who was in the plane crash a couple weeks ago (news story here and here) that happened in my hometown, I was surprised to find out.

I've been following Stephanie's popular blog, The NieNie Dialogues, for over a year now, and have grown to love her and her family, even though I don't know them personally. I tend to be cynical--weird, I know--so her unabashed love of family and homelife is refreshing to me. She inspires me to be a mother who enjoys her children, enjoys being a wife, enjoys homemaking.

And now she lies in a hospital bed, fighting for her life while her children are cared for by others. My thoughts have turned to Stephanie and her family often since I learned of the crash. Their recovery is expected to take months and will likely cost into the millions, so all the people that Stephanie has touched have joined together to show their love and support.

Go to DesignMom for a list of nearly 300 items that are being auctioned off starting today, lasting through the weekend. For more information about what you can do to help (send a card!) click on the button on the sidebar to be taken to the Nie Recovery website.

1 comment:

Fujitales said...

Hey Lindy-
I too stumbled across this family and their tragedy and have been following up on the updates from her sister's blog cjanerun.blogspot.com. Both Stephanie and her sister seem to be really fantastic people with really great testimonies and wonderful families. I wish them all the best, and have more than once sent them my sympathies. I hope they can recover soon, and bring their family back together.