Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm still alive...and still pregnant

But I won't be after tomorrow! Woo hoo! I go in at 6 am tomorrow to be induced. I'll finally get to meet the little fella who's been baking since November. Does anyone know if a Tongan baby name book exists? Because I could really use one.

Stay tuned for all the details you may--or may not--want to know.

In the meantime, here are a few photos from our too-many-relatives-to-process, double-family-reunion, very-uncomfortable-road-trip to Arizona last week. I helped plan the Udall reunion with my cousin Mindy--don't know what I was smoking when I volunteered for it. But my super-duper family came through in the end, and I am so grateful for all the help they gave to make the party a success. I have the best brothers, sisters, and parents...at least that's how I feel today. :)
We met in Mesa for Grandma Udall's 90th birthday celebration. She has about 40 grandchildren and 100+ great-grandchildren. It was pure chaos, but we enjoyed it.
Here's our tribe, minus Brigham, who's in Iraq. Aki, as usual, looks thrilled to be a Udall.
Grandma with most of her grandchildrenBoomer and Tennille were in charge of the pancake breakfast (and a whole bunch of other stuff)--total life savers!

Pool party! Aki takes on the nephews. (How anyone lives in Mesa without a pool is beyond me.)

Next we went up to a lodge in Greer in Arizona's White Mountains for a Larson Family Reunion (my mom's side). It was so nice: much cooler weather, rooms and food totally provided for, not as many people, and best of all--I wasn't responsible for a thing!
We enjoyed karaoke performances (Boomer serenaded Grandma Mimi with "My Girl") and presentedMimi with 86 birthday cards ranging from sappy to risqué. The next night, my mom and her sisters performed with their guitars, and we all saw a side of Risa we didn't know existed. :)
We spent a couple days in St. Johns at my parents house, and went to Eager for a day to spend time with my oldest brother Travis's family in their new home. It was really great to see all my family, and they all took good care of me. I was very lazy the whole time I was there--did nothing but sleep and eat!
some of the photos are courtesy of my SIL Heidi and niece Alli

11 comments:

Brynn P. said...

YAY!! I tried to find your number Friday night so that I could find out when your baby was coming. So i'm glad you let us know!! I'm so excited for you.
I had to laugh of the picture of "the udalls" and the comment you made about Aki! He looked like he was having WAY too much fun! lol

Rachel said...

I was thinking your post would be that you had your baby! I loved this post as well though. So much fun to see all of you guys! Such great memories growing up with most of your family and cousins! I do have a question...I didn't recognize in the picture of grandma udall with her grandkids. Who is the guy in between justin and brady? I can't for the life of me figure out who it may be. Maybe adelines? Good luck birthing your baby. I can't wait to hear the details!

Crystal said...

Aak! I love those Udall T-shirts! Glad to read that you are well. Excited to see baby Funaki!!!!

Lindy said...

Yes, rAchel, he's Adeline's (that's pretty good if you can identify everyone else!)

Stormy said...

My favorite is Aki in the Udall Tribe picture...awesome.

Best of luck tomorrow...I'll be thinking of you!

~Storm

Pink Caboose said...

Tomorrow!! Yeah! will be excited to see pictures. Good luck with it all. Can't believe you went to SJ last week, you are a trooper thats a long drive even when you are not so pragnant.

Jen said...

I don't know about a book, but there are a couple websites with some Tongan baby names http://www.just-think-it.com/sbn/tongan-m.htm http://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/CultureBrowse.cfm?CultureID=263&Gender=Male
Good luck with everything! That is super exciting!

Kristen said...

Wow! I can't believe you made that trip--I didn't realize how close you were to your due date! I was seriously amazed at the pictures w/your grandma. That is some serious posterity. Anyway, I'm sure that #3 is already here--hope everything went well.

Lori said...

Good luck today. It is 8:00 pm so hopefully you are holding that little fellafelloffasofa in your arms. :-) Can't wait to hear the news.

Mary Ann said...

Hi, I tried sending you an email so that I could give you the book for book club, but it didn't go through. I am new in the ward, so I am not sure if I know exactly who you are, but I would be willing to bring you the book if you want. Call me 841-7296 or email me mattymare33@yahoo.com
Mary Ann
p.s. congrats on the safe arrival of your little one!

Summer said...

that reunion was so much fun! and yes, I think the highlight was the sailor song--who knew Risa had it in her! :)
Hope all is well with baby Funaki-do you have a name yet?