These days it seems I'm camped on the end of our couch for 80% of the day...still trying to make that whole "breast is best" thing work out for us. But hey, it makes for good reading time (never mind that the kids destroy the rest of the house while I'm otherwise occupied).
I can tell I haven't been a mom to a newborn in a few years. I took Tevi to the doctor's office sans diaper bag...no diapers or wipes, no nursing shield, no binkie. I felt only slightly dumb there in the waiting room while he was fussing. I'm just not in mom mode! Or maybe it's the sleep deprivation preventing me from thinking clearly. But little by little, it's all coming back and hopefully I'll remember and learn from my previous adventures in motherhood.
And now, a few pictures of when Shayla and [Big] Baby Max came to visit during Tevi's 2nd week of life--Max is 6 months older than Tevi...hopefully they'll be BFF-cousins while growing up.

7 comments:
Hang in there Lindy it will get better, although my memory never has fully recovered.
Let the house go and enjoy holding your baby and nursing. it will go by too fast. And who really cares what the neighbors think -- you are the mother of a newborn and that gives you license to indulge a little (and not clean your house)
Love you Lind -- Happy birthday a day early!
Haha. Max is 6 months older and 6 times Tevi's size. :D
Happy happy birthday tomarrow!
Lindy: I absolutely LOVE the new background. Don't you just love that website??? There are too many to choose from. :D
How was your birthday? Busy with kids I'm sure. Tevi is so handsome! And Max is adorable too...looks like Brig.
Tevi is so darling I love the hair!
Awww...your whole family is so stinkin' CUTE!
And of course it's the sleep deprivation. You're fine as long as you don't put the frozen roast in the swing to thaw and Tevi in the freezer...love ya, Lindy!
I keep forgetting that you are occasionally back from your blogging hiatus (though I'm sure it will still be sporadic since you have a "little duffer" as you called him lol). I love the shots you got of him making his newborn faces. He has got to be one of the most expressive newborns I've ever seen cause those pictures are cute! Glad to hear you're feeling better!
Post a Comment