Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Finally, it's happened to me!

Makai is in the school system! Even if it is for only 3 hours a day...

He went to his first day of kindergarten yesterday, and wasn't thrilled that he didn't "learn" anything. "We just talked about rules and stuff. I didn't even get any papers to put in my backpack! And our playground is called recess. " [Little does he know how he will come to love that word.]

He's excited to have a man-teacher, and is doubly excited that he has some friends in his class.

I wanted to take a picture of the kid, but he was walking too fast (and I had the other two kids, so couldn't keep up)! The only time I could get a shot from the front was quickly in the classroom before I snuck out.
School's out--running to the car to go home

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Your back to school photos are perfect -- they will be fun to show him later and say "see you were once excited about going to school!"

Crystal said...

aak! He's in school already? I'm jealous that you get to start him off on only 3 hour stints. We have full blown all day kindergarten here and I'm SO not looking forward to that. But I've still got a couple of years to get used to the idea, or prep myself to become a homeschooling mother.

Missy said...

I like all your photos anyway! Brinley's almost to her first day of school! I can't believe it either!
I hope all's well with you! Happy Late Birthday!

Brynn P. said...

How fun for him! Sounds like he's liking it!

Tooele Brezoff said...

I love his super excited expression! too funny!

wynne said...

Woo-hoo! a kid in school! It's a small step for a boy, a huge leap for his mom!

Hope he loves it!

k8shoe said...

Yay for school! Just wait until first grade!