Why did it seem he would last forever and never leave us? We all knew he was tired, old, and missing his Marjorie, but he has been a constant in the LDS world for decades. Goodbye, sweet man, I (and millions more) will forever be grateful for the life you spent serving others.President Hinckley exhibited so many wonderful traits. I will remember:
- his optimism
- his humor
- his integrity
- his boldness
- his outreach to others
- his dedication
- his compassion
- his humility
- his conviction
"My plea is that we stop seeking out the storm and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life, we accentuate the positive. I am asking that we look deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment and endorse virtue and effort."
3 comments:
Yes, we all will miss him! He was such an example of how to better ourselves no matter how old we are. It's great he's reunited with his wife once and for all!
I was reading tons of blog posts about this today and I said, "I can't wait until Lindy writes I know she will say it all so well." Thank you for saying it and saying it so well. He will be missed, it is sad for us but oh so very joyous for him.
You said it perfectly! I guess I was mostly surprised by the announcement. I too wanted him to stay around forever. He has done so much good for me in my life! I am sure he is happy as he can be about now!
Post a Comment