Monday, June 25, 2007

Yes, my husband went to Hawaii…

…without me! It's funny how anyone I told that Aki went to Hawaii could not believe he went by himself, like it was the crime of the century. Of course, I would have loved to go, but the bank account can only buy so much airfare right now. Someday, someday, I will get to Hawaii!

Just this morning Aki returned home after going to see his 2 younger sisters graduate from BYU-Hawaii (go Seasiders!). I missed him a ton, and so did the kids! He tells me he had a wonderful time visiting family and friends, eating seafood and lots of fruit, speaking Tongan, and enjoying the easy pace of life there. I'm glad he got to take a break and relax—he so deserves it.

We are so proud of Tema and Melinda's accomplishment, and know they'll have very successful futures. After visiting us and other family in Utah, Tema will return home to Tonga and hopefully work for the Church school there; Melinda is considering more schooling, perhaps in the States. Congratulations to you girls! We can't wait to see you!

1 comment:

k8shoe said...

Aki's sisters are beautiful! Congrats to them, that is awesome!