Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day to all our dads!

FE'OFA'AKI K. FUNAKI ("Daddy")

"I love Daddy because he's handsome and nice, and I like to work in the garden with him." –Makai

"Aki is a good daddy, not a bad daddy. I like to eat dinner with him." –Ame



• • • • • • • • • •

TEVITA H. FUNAKI ("Grandpa Vita")

One thing I love and admire about my dad is that he follows what he says and always keeps his word—he has a great sense of integrity. I know that he loves the Lord because he is obedient; he loves his family and others and shows it by action, not just words. But he is pretty slow. :) Love you, Dad. Ofa ke ke ma'u ha mo'ui fuoloa. –Aki si'i



• • • • • • • • • •

BARRY R. UDALL ("Grandpa Barry")


I love my dad, oh yes I do. Why? More than a few reasons, but I list a few:
  1. He's honest and ethical…I can trust him.
  2. He's hard-working, resourceful, and thorough.
  3. He loves children (especially those with fat cheeks) and gives lots of hugs and kisses.
  4. He knows and fulfills his role to protect, provide, and preside.
  5. He absolutely loves and enjoys food.
  6. I can always count on him.
–Lindy




"I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection." –Sigmund Freud

7 comments:

Kristen said...

What a cute idea. I love reading your blog--I especially enjoyed your June quotes. When are you guys coming to St. Johns? Chantel and Claryce just moved back. Our grade has some serious homing instinct.

Lindy said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I really am. . . I would love to live in St. Johns. Is Chantel's hubby going to be the new dentist in town? What is Karson doing? Okay, I guess I should just e-mail you, since I have no idea if you'll ever see this. . .I still don't get this part of the blog. Do I respond to comments here, or on your blog?

ms said...

Lindy - that is so funny you commented on my blog yesterday because my mom had me go to your blog that same day to see all of the pictures from Brigham's wedding. I love Martin Sexton, he is one of my favorites - he just did a concert in Utah in April and I had finals that night and couldn't go.

Ketsy said...

Hey- I just did a little catch up on your blog. I love the dad tribute- very sweet. And I am glad you survived Girls Camp. We are getting old and creaky...
And finally, I am really excited for you to be staying home with the kiddos. It is truly the sweet life.

k8shoe said...

Lindy, really cute tribute. I love the quotes from your kids the most. So cute. I'm defintely not a blog expert but my friends who blog A LOT usually will respond on the comments part of their page. I think it's just personal preference.

Mindy said...

lindy pindy
great pics of the dads. aki is hot!!! lol
one day i will make my own pioneer trek to see my lost family in utah. hee hee. anyhoo, hotter than damn hell here in the valley. keep up the quotes and get sym on board with the blog thing at least to post pics of nina and satchel for heaven sakes. also, how is cam doing in lemon grove? i tasted some of the food and it was not half bad. i was even surprised. the room was like a retro elm motel'ish feel. peace and love

Lindy said...

Mindy, I wish you would come to Utah! It would be great fun to see you. I'm glad I'm not in the valley roasting away, though I would love to come for a visit and see all of you. I will try to talk Sym into the blog thing (or I'll post pics of the kids for you, at least). Haven't heard from Camie...i need to write her.