…I went on a mini vacation to see family. We drove down to southern Utah (Teasdale, to be exact--see above) to stay with my brother Brady and his family--they've got an old pioneer home there that they use in the summers. It was a fun trip, especially for the kids, who loved to do nothing but play with their cousins outside. I enjoyed the spectacular views of the red rock cliffs and the bright skies; I could spend every summer evening just sitting on their front porch watching the sky change. Beautiful!Anyway, a few things the kids and I will remember about our time there:
- AME: feeding Ivan (a mule/donkey out back)
- MAKAI: the tire swing - Mom, can we have one of those?
- LINDY: visiting with Kate and Brady and enjoying my awesome nieces and nephews
- ALL OF US: playing in the waterfall! (see picture below of waterfall at Capitol Reef Nat'l Park)
- LINDY: driving home and having the car's AC break. . . it was one long, HOT trip. (We all were red-cheeked and wet with sweat by the time we got home, only to walk in to our house and have the thermostat tell us it was 92º in there! Ay, ay, ay.)
2 comments:
Wow! What a gorgeous waterfall! I've been to Capital Reef once, but I guess we missed the waterfall:) You're a good wife to send your husband to Hawaii alone.
I'm just going to list a few book titles here:
My all time favorite book is Willa Cather's "Death Comes for the Archbishop." It's short and I love her description of the southwest--lots of places close to our neck of the woods. I also love George Eliot's "Adam Bede." A few other good ones:
"East of Eden" Steinbeck
"John Adams" McCullough
"Endurance" Lansing
I started "Secret Life of Bees" a few months ago and had to take it back to the library before I finished, so I'll have to get it again and finish.
Thanks for the great recommendations, Kristen! I'm headed to the library mañana, so I'll be sure to grab a couple of these.
For some reason, only Europeans and locals seem to know about that waterfall—at least the day we were there. It was great, though, and fun for the kids (they have an area dammed off to be shallow for the kiddos).
Post a Comment