Sunday, April 12, 2009

Three Days

A few years ago my sweet grandma, Gwen Udall, sent me an Easter note and story that ends with the following thought, encouraging me ever since:
"Well, when Jesus was crucified on Good Friday, that was the worst day for the whole world. When I get troubles I remember that, and then I think of what happened only three days later—Easter and our Lord arising. So when things go wrong, I've learned to wait three days…and somehow everything gets much better. Give God a chance to help…wait three days."
I'm grateful for the love Heavenly Father had for His children that He would send His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us. Christ rose again three days later, overcoming death, as we will. He also conquered sin—He suffered and paid the price for our sins, if we will only repent and turn to Him. On this Easter Sunday as always, the knowledge that He lives and He loves us brings me great joy and hope.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing...how true that is to wait 3 days!