Last night Aki took the two older kids to the circus. Conversation begins as soon as Ame wakes up and walks up the stairs this morning:Ame: Mom, I went to the circus last night. It was just a little bit fun.
Mom: Oh, really? Why just a little bit?
Ame, grumpy: 'Cause I didn't see a clown. There were no circus clowns there. Only humans and animals.
Mom: Oh, I'm sorry. Well at least you got to see some animals...what did you see?
Ame: Elephants, tigers, and horses. They weren't funny though. The elephants just put their feet on stools, and the tigers just rolled around, and the horse peed.
Mom: Hmmm. Did the "humans" do any tricks?
Ame: Not really. Just a man who did yoga on top of a tall tower of chairs.
Mom: [No chance to respond]
Ame, in distress: Mom, that's why I want to go to Las Vegas! I know in Las Vegas they'll have real clowns! And cotton candy. Dad didn't buy me any last night, [drama increasing here] even though I've never had some! [total lie]
What it takes to entertain a kid these days.
9 comments:
Kids are so awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Ha! Vegas has real Clowns! And cotton candy!
hahahaha
I can just see her face! What a crack up. My favorite part of the conversation is that the humans did yoga & the horse peed.
Oh my goodness. She's gonna be hard to please!
Did you ever think that when you took Ame to Vegas as a 3-year-old that you were starting a love affair with one of the tackiest cities on earth? But hey, they've got real clowns and cotton candy. Viva Las Vegas!
I think it's pretty great that Aki took them to the circus. I'm interested to know what HE said about it.
Thay's so cute! (But I totally see what you mean! lol)
I totally forgot that you guys went to Vegas not too long ago...I just sat here laughing my guts out trying to imagine how she even heard of Las Vegas, much less the cotton candy and clowns there! lol
Love it. She's so funny!
They have real clowns in Las Vegas? Why didn't anyone ever tell me that? All the time I spent there, and I never saw one clown. Guess I was in the wrong part of town...
Post a Comment