Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Best way to Blog: Have someone else do it for you!

We had a fun family party on Sunday...below is my sis-in-law Heidi's post about it, which I blatantly stole. Actually, I just wanted all my friends to see her great compliments. :) Joke. We had a fun-filled time and ate WAY TOO MUCH FOOD. My kids keep asking to have another "China party," but really, they just want the red envelopes full of lucky money. And some fortune cookies. By the way, my fortune said: Your love life will soon be happy and harmonious Apparently it isn't already so. But really, what does La Choy know?

Without further adieu, heeeeeeeeeeeeere's Heidi's post!
The "Utah Udalls" have 3 birthdays to celebrate in January. We usually have a Super Bowl Party because Alli was born on Super Bowl Sunday, but this year we decided to mix it up a little. Since Chinese New Year is on January 26th we decided that would be the perfect theme for our party. We found some fun decorations, zodiac place mats, chop sticks & fortune cookies. Luckily Sym has some lanterns she bought in China so the house looked very festive.

Of course there was good food as well. Lindy was so smart that she even made food labels for us in Chinese. Everything was soooo good! {MENU: egg rolls, potstickers, steamed rice, fried rice, general tso's chicken, ginger beef with stir-fried vegetables, orange slices, apple slices, fortune cookies, and orange poppyseed cake}

The girls, prepping for the festivites.

The kids had a contest to see how many m&m's they could pick up with their chop sticks and put in a little cup. This kept them quiet & busy for a while. I think I will have them do this every night so I can get some peace & quiet.

Alli won -- she got the most candy in her cup. This was her prize -- the smallest deck of uno cards around. I forgot to ask...Lindy, where did you find those?

Some nerds crashed the party.



Then it was cupcake time! We sang happy birthday to Alli, Satchel & Shayla. Max ended up being sick so Shayla couldn't come but we sang to her anyway. All the kids helped blow out the candles and the kids dove into their cupcakes.

I just had to show everyone what Lindy made Alli for her birthday. She knows Al loves to scrapbook so she made a personalized package of scrapbook goodies. Soooo cute!

HAPPY (CHINESE) NEW YEAR!!!

6 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

What a fun idea! I would love to have some of the recipies(sp).

I love the scrapbook gift that is very thoughtful!

and Le Choy knows all!!! hehe

Heidi said...

We did have a great time! But you need to tell me where you found those Uno cards.

Love your guts!

Jenn said...

That scrapbook kit is adorable! And having someone else blog for you is a great idea! I guess I need to do stuff with other people more often so that this could work for me! :) This is making me crave chinese food too. yum!

Pink Caboose said...

WOW, having someone else do the posting for you sounds like a great idea! Too bad no one in my family blogs...

k8shoe said...

Ummm, can I get invited to your family parties? I did live with you guys and all. :) You guys know how to throw a serious party!

Tiffany said...

Lindy.... I was blog hoppin and found your blog!! Just wanted to say HI!! I hope all is well for you and your family! Your kids are so adorable!! Take care!!!